• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Minnesota Meet Poll

Minnesota Meet Poll

• Twin Cities

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Duluth

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Mid to late August

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Other: Suggest a date people!

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Too close.. Mystique's are in - they mostly share the same body lines....
They better be!!

Heh heh...
My friend with the focus will probably come. His isnt anything exotic though. Just a pretty stock Zx3, so you dont have to worry about competition.:laugh:

We really should decide on where to eat thoughhhh...:shrug: :shrug:

So how long are people gonna stick around after? Cause I think we could get some sweet night shots in.

We really should decide on where to eat thoughhhh...:shrug: :shrug:

So how long are people gonna stick around after? Cause I think we could get some sweet night shots in.

I still vote Famous Daves... I don't want anything fancy and I won't be able to stay for night shots as I have other things going on in the evening :)

Famous Daves as well. Cheap and good. After that we can throw a 3.0L in my car and call it a day.

Hmm I thought we were gonna put one in mine?:shrug:

Or we could drop in my five oh from my Marquis:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think you're both crazy :crazy: if you were serious about the 3L swap I'd help but its no easy project (and definitely not easy on the wallet).

And no thanks on the 5.0 plan :dizzy: I think the 3L makes just as much power anyhow ;)

I would assume it is cheaper than a new car. And how much work can it be? That is what hammers are for.

Cheaper than a brand new car yes :) there are so many options for what kind of swap you want to do that you can seriously research and plan out your build for a month. Then another couple weeks to source parts... It adds up to a big project. (Yes even with the hammers :laugh: )

I would most likly just go with a straight 3.0L escape or taurus engine. Least work for a decent gain. And chatting with Terry Haines, it seems like it is the powerfull.

I would most likly just go with a straight 3.0L escape or taurus engine. Least work for a decent gain. And chatting with Terry Haines, it seems like it is the powerfull.
That's the wimpiest swap in my opinion. Its not any less work and it is the weakest gains...
Well im gonna start planning mine now then. I wonder how big of an enigine you can get in there. What size do the 24v Tori come with?
That is the 3L that everyone uses.

Oh. I thought they caame with somehting bigger. Like I said I wonder how bigga engine you could fit in there. A three oh would be:drool: , but If I could get something bigger id be all for it.

Depends how much money you have ;) the 3.0 is easier though (and has plenty of potential for a fwd platform).

Well from what ive heard: Theres never been a contour with a v-8. Im not real mechanically inclined but that would be one project I would love to tackle. Ive already got the engine:laugh: ... Hmmm im gonna have to do some thinking on this.

Well from what ive heard: Theres never been a contour with a v-8. Im not real mechanically inclined but that would be one project I would love to tackle. Ive already got the engine:laugh: ... Hmmm im gonna have to do some thinking on this.

Has to be a v8 fwd engine. Other wise you have to hack A LOT of the undercarage to create a tunnel for the drive shaft.

Has to be a v8 fwd engine. Other wise you have to hack A LOT of the undercarage to create a tunnel for the drive shaft.
Well I was thinking rear. The tunnel is kinda already there. At least it looks like it on my car.... If nothin else I could find a decent SHO engine prolly.:shrug:

Well I was thinking rear. The tunnel is kinda already there. At least it looks like it on my car.... If nothin else I could find a decent SHO engine prolly.:shrug:

There is and there isn't a tunnel there. It is one of those things. A V8 SHO engine would be a huuuuge undertaking as well. Need to use their tranny cause the engine won't bolt up to ours like the 3.0L duratec does. And getting that tranny and engine to fit would require a lot of work. Cutting and pasting fenders etc. Just not enough room....barely enough room for our v6's in there.

Back