• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Minnesota Meet Poll

Minnesota Meet Poll

• Twin Cities

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Duluth

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Mid to late August

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Other: Suggest a date people!

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
If your lucky I'll run the car through a car-wash and make an attempt to vacuum out the car. I haven't cleaned the interior since I got it :blackeye: The PO's coffee stains still remain...

Little Green Clean Machine FTW!. Too bad mine only cleans for like 3 min before the battary dies and you have to recharge it.

Little Green Clean Machine FTW!. Too bad mine only cleans for like 3 min before the battary dies and you have to recharge it.

To clean my car's carpet, I Rent one of those Rug Doctor machine's with the Upholstery attachment and use the upholstery soap. I do this once a year on my auto's carpet. Works very well, even on tough set in stains!

Just dont use a spot cleaner in the mean time, they have a tendency to seal in whatever part of the stain it failed to completely remove. With the Rug Doctor even oil stains, I've managed to almost completely remove them. May take several passes, but the stains do lift out.

Maybe the thing to do would be to rent one the Rug Doctor's (available everywhere) and use it back at cnewton44's place. Those in need of a carpet cleaning could split the cost (cheap).

Last edited:
they are $20-$30 to rent and $10 for a jug of cleaning fluid. Or if someone has a power inverter, could just hook it up some place and look like weirdo's cleaning our carpets in the middle of a parking lot :)

they are $20-$30 to rent and $10 for a jug of cleaning fluid. Or if someone has a power inverter, could just hook it up some place and look like weirdo's cleaning our carpets in the middle of a parking lot :)

That would be hilarious... imagine the looks.

I donno who'd have a power inverter that could power one of those beasts lol I think I can just do my carpet on my own time. :laugh:

LOL X 10..... Haha In a parking lot...:nonono: :laugh:

Although I dont think you guys would wanna try and get your cars in my driveway... My cousin has officially dubbed it: Rubicon Trail II...
I have to be extremely careful when I drive mine in. It sucks. As for the rug doctor, they rent them at Cub. Its about two minutes from my house. Personally ive been just gonna take out all my interior stuff and do a good cleaning of the complete interior. One day when I feel like it I guess...

LOL X 10..... Haha In a parking lot...:nonono: :laugh:

Although I dont think you guys would wanna try and get your cars in my driveway... My cousin has officially dubbed it: Rubicon Trail II...
I have to be extremely careful when I drive mine in. It sucks. As for the rug doctor, they rent them at Cub. Its about two minutes from my house. Personally ive been just gonna take out all my interior stuff and do a good cleaning of the complete interior. One day when I feel like it I guess...

Stupid Cub Foods....they were all out of my Mexican Coca Cola when I was there.

anyone install elky mesh into the oval before? Cause if someone has, I might wait until the meet so I don't screw it up.

anyone install elky mesh into the oval before? Cause if someone has, I might wait until the meet so I don't screw it up.

I got in on one of the group buys but I chickened out and sold it :laugh: I don't think it would be that hard. I know I've gotten my mesh out before :)

Ok so officially the 18th? Thats the only saturday I can get off. Can we decide for sure where we wanna eat?
Also I kinda wanna know for sure who all is coming.

This is what we've got so far:

1. elraido - Jason
2. cnewton44 - Clayton
3. Redlineracer12 - Tony
4. KyleQ
5. IceFury
6. jhallamek

Again add to the list as necessary if you have friends that are coming for sure. I just kinda wanna get a general idea so that when we decide where to eat I can give them a heads up.

Last edited:
Just so people know the places to eat in canal park are:
Famous Daves
Old Chicago
Green Mill
Red Lobster
Little Angies (mexican)
Grandmas
(anything I am missing clayton?)

Anything else will be UP the hill. Pray you get green lights all the way up :)

The only other places I know of are:

Coldstone
DQ
Caribou

Those don't count :laugh:

I'm down for the 18th. That gives me enough time to get my car idleing better and broken in :D

I still vote Famous daves... I don't want anything fancy as I think I'm going out again for dinner later that day and famous daves seems like the best place of them for a bunch of guys to meet lol :) I still need to ask for it off! Doh!

Back