• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Icefury's extensively modded 2000 3.0 SVT

Very very nice, no matter who put it together. I like the way you choose the Panny unit to match the dash back lighting. I did the same with a older Panny deck that match the original green back lighting and black frame to give it the stock unit look. :drool:

Very nice car man. The back seats are a nice touch. I feel sorry for the person that has to sit in the middle :laugh: That cougar was pretty sexy........a moment of silence :nonono:

For some reason I like your FSVT's a LOT. I don't know why, they almost look polished or chrome from far away. I'm bored with my FSVT's :nonono:

I want your headlights. Pudd how much you chargin for that? :drool:

icefury's car is nice...... i love it. he's an awesome guy. but i still say.......... you owe the previous owner some credit! lol

and tony, your ported brand new short block with a tune should take his hybrid. and you want to talk about the fastest MN contour? i think your competition is right here! ;)

icefury's car is nice...... i love it. he's an awesome guy. but i still say.......... you owe the previous owner some credit! lol

and tony, your ported brand new short block with a tune should take his hybrid. and you want to talk about the fastest MN contour? i think your competition is right here! ;)

"should" huh, I'm not as confident about that as you but I'm sure willing to explore this further at the Duluth meet. ;)

Meh, bottle fed doesn't count! :D

I wasn't worried about Tyler ;) All he does is talk crap :laugh: JK man... come pick up your friend's engine hoist! lol

He does have a lot less restrictive intake and exhaust then I do.
I'll have to work on those 500 miles so I can get a fresh oil change in before the meet.

Edit: Where did you get the Eyelids? If you put them on that is.

Last edited:
I wasn't worried about Tyler ;) All he does is talk crap :laugh: JK man... come pick up your friend's engine hoist! lol

He does have a lot less restrictive intake and exhaust then I do.
I'll have to work on those 500 miles so I can get a fresh oil change in before the meet.

Edit: Where did you get the Eyelids? If you put them on that is.

The eyelids are vinyl and come from CEG member parkedcar. He's your man for everything vinyl! PM him with your requests/orders.

It's true, I purchased my CSVT from GTO Pete having many of the major modifications I have listed already done to it. However, I've done a whole hell of alot more than just put Quad Projector headlamps into this car and it certainly was not in 90% of the condition you see it listed today when I took possession of it. Not even close...

I have nothing against Pete. He went out of his way to sell me his CSVT two years ago and it was not an easy deal as I was 1500 miles away from Pete with my bank in a different state. Pete was courteous and prompt with the sale of the CSVT.

After taking possession of the car, Pete really wanted nothing to do with me and my involvement in the car. I tired "numerous" times to keep him posted on my progress with it and request his insights and feedback on what I was doing because I valued his opinion and respected his contributions to CEG as a whole. Pete was good about responding to "sale" related inquires but choose not to return my calls & pm's on virtually all things not directly related to his obligations as a seller.

Of course, he had no obligation to answer me nor do I hold it against him. He moved on, so did I. Maybe you should too. If you want to erect a proverbial shrine in memory of things he did to my car your welcome to do so. But don't preach to me for not doing it.

Oh, and Thank You for the compliment ;)
Greg,

FYI: "Sales calls" were only directly related to the car. Nothing more. You wanted the sale expedited and I went above and beyond to make it happen.

Your calls over time were not returned for several reasons:
1. Due to my work schedule (3-4 jobs) I had/have little time to spend on the phone
2. I asked you many times to PM or email me, but instead you continued to call me
3. Most of your questions typically required research - again email/PM appropriate
4. Other questions were related to the building of the hybrid which I kept referring you to the builder yet you continued to ask me about :confused:

I personally didn't see the need to drag my name through the mud and make me look like a bad guy. The contributions I've made to this site over the years speak for themselves.

I could go through your cardomain list and put my name next to many, many mods listed, but I wont embarass you. Instead I'll congratulate you on finishing up many of the projects I started, adding your own touches, and making the car look very good. I know I sold it to an enthusiast that will take car of it and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Greg,

FYI: "Sales calls" were only directly related to the car. Nothing more. You wanted the sale expedited and I went above and beyond to make it happen.

Your calls over time were not returned for several reasons:
1. Due to my work schedule (3-4 jobs) I had/have little time to spend on the phone
2. I asked you many times to PM or email me, but instead you continued to call me
3. Most of your questions typically required research - again email/PM appropriate
4. Other questions were related to the building of the hybrid which I kept referring you to the builder yet you continued to ask me about :confused:

I personally didn't see the need to drag my name through the mud and make me look like a bad guy. The contributions I've made to this site over the years speak for themselves.

I could go through your cardomain list and put my name next to many, many mods listed, but I wont embarass you. Instead I'll congratulate you on finishing up many of the projects I started, adding your own touches, and making the car look very good. I know I sold it to an enthusiast that will take car of it and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I appreciate the compliment, but I'm a bit confused by your FYI, as what your saying is precisely what I said to begin with...

Your reasons are your own and you owe me no explanations. However since you have offered them, I'll add my $.02.

1. I understand now as I did then you were very busy. I left VMX's in hopes of "some" kind of a response, I received none.

2. My memory on this is quite clear, on all but ONE occasion when I was working on the car and did not have access to CEG, I called you without PM first. All of my calls and most of my PM's were equally ignored as previously pointed out (save direct sale related things).

3. I disagree. A "few" of my questions could have been answered by research, but overwhelmingly my questions related to the car's history.

4. This was true in the very beginning, but once it had been established Dan G did the engine work, questions related to the power train were deferred to him instead of you.

Drag your name through the mud... make you look like a bad guy? Where is the character bashing you speak of? Did you even bother to read what I wrote?!

Here's a recap....

1. Said I had nothing against you
2. Said you went out of your way to sell me the CSVT
3. Said you were courteous and prompt
4. Said I valued your opinion and respected your contributions to CEG

With regards to embarrassing me, Pete you don't know me well enough to suggest, let alone presume, what would "embarrass" me so please spare me your inflammatory assumptions. You "seem" to be annoyed for your name not appearing on my Car Domain page, and your not singled out or alone in this exclusion. I did not feel like listing everyone (known only to CEG viewers) for all their various contributions in time or mod idea's concerning my CSVT. CEG members that actually created a unique and substantial item of their own design, got mention as it is their merchandise (not just idea). Just like Koni made the struts, Spec made the clutch, you get the point.

The people that have had a hand in bringing my CSVT to the point of where it is now know and understand I'm appreciative and greatful... and thats all that matters to them. I don't have Dan G getting bent out of shape because his name did not go into my Engine description, or Pale Horse & CSVT#49 for their help with several modifications, Auiotour for the led modding, and so on.

I purchased the CSVT from you and was impressed by it enough to fly 1500 miles to come get it. That is a direct reflection of your efforts with the car. I've publicly stated I valued your opinion and have respect for what you've contributed to CEG. Sorry if this is somehow inadequate...

Last edited:
glad i saw your post man. I been sitting at my parents house bored as :censored::censored::censored::censored:. I will go tomorrow to the store and pick up some stuff to finish the boards to ship them out. Hopefully this time they will make it to you both intact.

How are the other LEDs holding up? Wanted to make sure they are still running strong. I just ordered red and white led's for my svt.

Cars looking really good. What is this Jet Hot coating i keep seeing? Also id love my UIM in this colour as it would complement my white alloys and rear boot lettering :laugh:

2614897_15_full.jpg

Back