• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Summer 2007 Meet

For the route, the second option I was thinking was: Hwy 26 to Hwy 6, Hwy 6 to Tillamook. From there, Hwy 101 to Hwy 53, Hwy 53 to Hwy 26, Hwy 26 to Hwy 101, Hwy 101 to Seaside. Then Hwy 101 to Hwy 26 and back to Portland from Seaside. There's less backtracking that way than going down 101 from Seaside and then coming back up 53 to go home.

I knew we shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...:crazy: :laugh:
You navigate, Marty. I'll bring my map and follow. :)

Head count:
Aussie Ford
GrooveNerd
Derk-xB (in the TT) - edit: I think my wife will be coming, too
I'm going to invite a friend w/ his Rabbit.

Last edited:
count me out, i just read thoroughly what you guys are planning. i had thought we were just gonna cruise around seattle, i can't go all the way to portland. i wanted to hang out with other tours, but a 3 hour drive to portland is kinda crazy.

Count me out too.We leave on our camping trip on sunday and it's 15 mi. south of tillamook at cape lookout.

Wow, that sank fast!:nonono:

I will be there, but I don't know if I'm going to make the drive or not. I may just eat lunch with my family & then meet up with you guys again some where along the way.

Marty- Just in case, don't forget to bring your camera. This may be a good chance to take some calender pics.:cool:

Head count:
Aussie Ford
GrooveNerd
Derk-xB & Wife
Woogieman

count me out, i just read thoroughly what you guys are planning. i had thought we were just gonna cruise around seattle, i can't go all the way to portland. i wanted to hang out with other tours, but a 3 hour drive to portland is kinda crazy.
Kinda crazy You own a Tour..... HELLO!

I knew we shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...:crazy: :laugh:
You navigate, Marty. I'll bring my map and follow. :)

Head count:
Aussie Ford
GrooveNerd
Derk-xB (in the TT) - edit: I think my wife will be coming, too
I'm going to invite a friend w/ his Rabbit.
As long as he writes on the side of his rabbit "I wish I had a CONTOUR" LOL :D

if you don't mind we will pray for her
We certainly don't mind. Thanks for that.
She's feeling a bit better, but pretty weak 'cause she hasn't kept any food down for 24 hours now. It's hard to fight dehydration when every ounce comes right back up. :(

I doubt she'll feel up for a drive on Saturday.

Derk-xB, not trying to be insensitive, but does this mean the wife isn't going or does this mean that you, the wife, & VW friend aren't going. I'm just curious to see who is going to actully be at this meet. If you don't go we're just down to the "local" guys & maybe SleeperZ.

Marty, & Aussie Ford, what are your thoughts on this situation? Should we change-up our meet plans or just run with it? With only 3 or 4 of us we can pretty much make it up as we go. I guess I'm just saying if you guys want to do something else, or even a variation of the same plan, I'm all ears.

Trying to get the NW group to attend a meet is depressing:cry:

-Aaron

Well, I'm still up for the meet. For now, let's just run with what we've got planned so far. If we want to alter plans based on who's there, and any other factors, that might work too if we all agree to it.

I hope your wife gets better soon, Derk.

Marty

Yeah, I'll be there.
Ashley's feeling much better this morning, but I'm still not sure if she'll come.
My buddy Zak said he'd like to come, too. He may bring his g/f and drive his Rabbit, he may just ride with me. Not sure on that one, yet.

I'll check back in tonight after work - can I get at least 1 person's phone number, in case I get lost on the way to Fred Meyers? :laugh:

Hey, I'm still planning to show up for the 9 to 10 am portion. With my significant other.

Yes, the "locals" who show up in Portland seem to always be the same few people.

The buds of mine who have shown up at 1 or 2 other events (Bill with the Mitsu eclipse who met with us at Jantzen Beach once, and Pat who took his mustang cobra to PIR) are both also busy this time.

Trying to get the NW group to attend a meet is depressing:cry:

-Aaron

I am usually willing!!!! There is a all ford show up at this part of town (Kent) with free hot dogs and drinks... but that is the 18th of this month... Maybe with plans more in the middle and a set time and place a month in advance we will be able to have more attendees :shrug:

Wife is feeling quite good tonight. :) I think she'll come tomorrow.
Thanks for all the phone #s. I'll see you guys tmw. I'll probably be there at 9:30...maybe a little earlier so I can may sure I say hi to Bob again.

Kinda crazy You own a Tour..... HELLO!

yeah, but i just bought it a few weeks ago, which set me back in cash, so i haven't been able to replace the broken windshield, worn clutch, or worn tires, so even the gas money there and back would be tough for me. Just started a new job, though, but a seattle meet would be way better for me. i'll certainly be at the bowen scharff thing, though, if any of the rest of you are.

Made it home safely, puffed-corn-all-over-the-truck mod and all. :troutslap:
I didn't even think about it until I got home, but I shoulda warned you guys about traffic on 26. I'm not sure if you guys hit it or not...it was ridiculous. West bound lanes closed off...which means eastbound lanes have to go 5-6mph for 20 miles. :help:

I had a good time, and Ashley said that you were all very nice and that she enjoyed hanging out. I was really glad she recoop'd so quickly!

Marty - great route! Thanks for letting me scare myself a little (and my wife a lot) on Hwy 53.
Bob - thanks for lunch...sir! ;) Good to meet you.
Aaron - Good to meet you, too.

Let's do it again! I should have a new 2.75" catback and perhaps a 19mm swaybar (from the S-Line suspension) by next time. I should have showed off my boost gauge, too. Next time. :)

Back