• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Summer 2007 Meet

I think squeaky cheese is more like cheese curd...but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
The name, however, is cleverly given because when you eat it, it squeaks on your teeth. :drool:

Edit: I forgot to say that I'd be up for a trip to Tilamook

I can't go because I unloaded my POS Contour today and will never ever get another.

:laugh: I got a better one..... YOU are banned from owning another one! that's it no need to argue about it, no more Tours, and if you rant to much you'll be banned from Stiques too !!! :nonono:

I can't say my mind about a comment like that or the FCC would be lowering the hammer on me :laugh:

Either date seems to work for me at this point.
The real question for me is do I bring my wife, or make her drive her own Tour ;)
Regards,
AF

Last edited:
:laugh: I got a better one..... YOU are banned from owning another one! that's it no need to argue about it, no more Tours, and if you rant to much you'll be banned from Stiques too !!! :nonono:

I can't say my mind about a comment like that or the FCC would be lowering the hammer on me :laugh:

way ta stick it to 'em!

Well, it sounds like there's not one Saturday in August that'll work for everyone. Maybe we can do another meet in September, since there should still be plenty of decent weather left then. Besides, nothing says we can only do one meet each summer! We also need to get some people together at one/some of the Friday or Saturday drag nights at PIR.

Woogieman -- do you know if the 25th will work or not yet? If not, when do you think you'd know by?

I'm on vacation in Minnesota right now, so I have intermittent access to the site. I should be able to check it daily, but can't promise anything.

Marty

Yeah, the dates are nearing and I'd like to know which weekend to block out.

Should we do a little poll and go with majority? (The democratic thing to do, eh? :) )

Yeah, the dates are nearing and I'd like to know which weekend to block out.

Should we do a little poll and go with majority? (The democratic thing to do, eh? :) )

yeah, that sounds great. you won't get one that works for EVERYONE, so it sounds like the 11th is the most favored ATM.

Okay, I'm back home again. And back to a usable internet connection. For some reason, when you sleep in your car in a remote Montana rest stop, there doesn't seem to be much for internet connectivity. Who'da thunk. And the night before, when I did have a connection, the site seemed to be down. Doh.

Eeenyway, I guess it looks like the 11th works for most people. For those unable to make it, look at your schedules for September and figure out what day(s) will work for you, whatcha wanna do, and we'll try to do at least another meet before the weather gets ugly. :cool:

So what's everyone feel like doing on the 11th? Maybe a drive to Seaside, via some nice twisty coast-range roads? We could stop at a park on the coast and have a BBQ, or everyone could just bring a sub sammich or somethin' else to eat.

We could do the Washington State Highway 12 drive, or we could save that one for a little later when the leaves start turning color this fall.

If we meet near Portland, what time of the morning could the out-of-towners be here by?

Any other ideas?

Marty

Welcome back GrooveNerd. I am still okay with all of the ideas so far & would consider others if it would get more people to join. I hope a few of the "out of towners" respond soon so we can set up a time & place to meet.
As far as food goes, I'm a simple guy so I don't mind bringing something simple, doing a BBQ some where, or eating at restaurant. Maybe we should get a head count for this meet too?

-Aaron

I could easily be in Portland by 8:00 or so. Not a big deal for me - takes about 1-1:15 to get there from here.
I guess I'd like to drive somewhere. I haven't been to Seaside - that'd be fun for me.
But, I realize that some may drive from a farther distance and wouldn't really want to drive much further, in which case a day of car-dorkin' it around a BBQ would be a-ok as well. :cool:

So - preference: drive to coast (or similar).

Well it may take a little over 3 hours for me... Looks like I am on the schedule at work that Sat. but I have asked for it off. I am not familiar w/ Portland at all... anyone else from Seattle area thinking about heading down?????

Back