• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Summer 2007 Meet

GrooveNerd

CEG'er
Near The People's Republic of Portland, OR
Okay, lets try to get something to happen here. Would 8/11 or 8/25 work for anyone?

Whaddaya wanna do? A beach trip would be fun again, but that might be a bit far for people at the outer edges of our area. Maybe we could meet partway between Portland and Seattle and take Hwy 12 east and make a loop and come back through the gorge or something? Bring sammiches or have a BBQ somewhere?

Thoughts? Ideas? Interest?

Marty

Both dates would work for me.
I know I'm not driving a contour any more, but at least I'll be in something sleek and smooth, and something that'd keep up. :)

I like your idea of Hwy 12 through the gorge. It'd be a great loop for me. I've never seen 12, but I know 97 pretty well (brother lives up in Ellensburg).

That said, I'd almost rather do an ocean trip. Is there anything to see/do out by Astoria?

I should be able to make it on the 11th, but I might have a conflict with the 25th. I won't know until we get a little closer to that date.

As far as where we go, I'm open to both of those ideas. I'll just be happy to be at a meet with some CEGers. We really don't do this enough.:cry:

-Aaron

I can't go because I unloaded my POS Contour today and will never ever get another.

If I am not a troll at that time I would like to go also. I finally dusted the car off 2 weeks ago and rolled it out of the garage after sitting since November. I picked up an MX6 and the tour has been sitting ever since. I have had it up for sale for about 4 months and have little to no hits on it. We drove it down to Grayland beach last weekend and have had it up around Mt Baker a few days this week and I am falling in love with it all over again. We forgot how well an SE can handle the twisties.

I can't go the 11th...I'll be at the Pain In The Grass concert in Tacoma. Godsmack, Buckcherry, Candlebox, etc. The 25th would work for me.

Buckcherry is pretty cool, though. Well, I loved their first album, never bothered to get their second. I wonder how they sound live?

Come on now...Candlebox rocks! Buckcherry are amazing live. They have a LOT of energy! Cocaine? I dunno. Godsmack is obviously the big draw. I've seen them before and they put on an amazing show.

Those tickets are still on sale...we could have a Pain In The Grass meet!

Oops. Just got word that one of my long time buddies and his wife are having a milestone anniversary party the afternoon of 8/11, so I may have that morning and early afternoon available only.

Back