• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Checking Interest on LIM MODS

Checking Interest on LIM MODS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you need the fuel rail if you go with 3L heads but not if you do a hybrid with 2.5 heads(because that would use the stock 2.5 setup) correct/incorrect?

The first protype is being built right now the parts are arriving today by tracking number. I will have it painted by tonite and I will post some pics. I am heading over to the aluminum outlet to pick up some blocks to make the fuel rail mod which is only needed for return style

Great news! I am going to need a return style setup ;)

New pics LIM 90 % done

New pics LIM 90 % done

I ran into one problem is that the only fuel rail that can be used so far I know of is all escape motors. The oval port fuel rail needs to tilt down to the starter like the escapes does where I have the taurus 2001 it points up to the front. I will be verifying the fuel rail uses the same LIM so I can attach my fuel rail mounts to bolt down the rail securely. The injector bungs will be welded in tomorrow and the peice will be primed and metal cast ground coated then it will have a black chrome finish that is used up to 500 degrees. The LIM will come with new Mazda 6 lower intake gasket that is a solid plastic style O-ringed like the contour. You will use the upper 2.5 gasket I have pilot holes drill in the top exactly like factory. It will also come with longer bolts to mate up to the oval port heads. The manifold is welded with 50mm spacer to keep the surface plumb to the UIM.

I will also paint the LIM any color you like as long as you suggest dupli-color 500 degree paint or metal cast.

here are some pics almost done I will be taking orders next week. Joey

lim_mod_001.jpg

lim_mod_002.jpg

lim_mod_003.jpg

lim_mod_004.jpg

lim_mod_005.jpg

$325 anf the fuel adapter for return style $75

Thanks for that helpful answer.

I was under the impression that the 2.5 fuel rail was used but Joey's last post made it sound like only the Escape fuel rail will work. It's not as if his posts are the easiest to comprehend anyway.

Last edited:
You're the only one asking the question so it must be pretty eay for the other 99.9% of CEG. Last I checked name calling was a banable offense.

I know I type of the top of my head and surely don't proof-read myself like I should too.....lol

The only fuel rail that will work with the LIM MOD is a escape fuel rail because the 2000-2003 Taurus fuel rails hit the bottom of the TB plate.

So I provide new ford OEM gaskets for the LIM that are for the new VVT engines. The eight 6mm x 1.0mm x 95mm bolts that come with the LIM on the 3 liter engines are reused to bolt it down to the heads. The split port gasket on your UIM is reusable if it is in good condition.

Anyone with returnless systems will just plug right into the rail just like the old fuel rail did. The return style systems will need my adapter block that hold the factory regulator which had all -AN fitting all the way back to a spring lock factory connector. This is $75 for the adapter block.

The only part not shown there since I am waiting on solid rod to get here is the injectors ports and fuel rail mounts. The next picture will be painted and ready to go thanks Joey

You're the only one asking the question so it must be pretty eay for the other 99.9% of CEG. Last I checked name calling was a banable offense.

:'(

I know I type of the top of my head and surely don't proof-read myself like I should too.....lol

The only fuel rail that will work with the LIM MOD is a escape fuel rail because the 2000-2003 Taurus fuel rails hit the bottom of the TB plate.

So I provide new ford OEM gaskets for the LIM that are for the new VVT engines. The eight 6mm x 1.0mm x 95mm bolts that come with the LIM on the 3 liter engines are reused to bolt it down to the heads. The split port gasket on your UIM is reusable if it is in good condition.

Anyone with returnless systems will just plug right into the rail just like the old fuel rail did. The return style systems will need my adapter block that hold the factory regulator which had all -AN fitting all the way back to a spring lock factory connector. This is $75 for the adapter block.

The only part not shown there since I am waiting on solid rod to get here is the injectors ports and fuel rail mounts. The next picture will be painted and ready to go thanks Joey

Yes I have two customers who are getting their sent out friday. Sorry I should have posted it up but yes I am building them as we speak and the demand is higher than my production rate. The tools required to build this manifold plus the complicated jigs to make it precise took a while to build up correctly. So if you want the parts PM or email me at site I will take the payment and out you in line next . joey

I think you have to use the Escape fuel rail with his fuel rail mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back