• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Checking Interest on LIM MODS

Checking Interest on LIM MODS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if you have already gasket matched your oval port heads to split port? Do you guys think that this will cause any ill affects in that case?

Joey,
From my understanding this is made for the oval port heads. do you think there will be any crazy turbulance w/ this bolted on a set that has been converted? I would love to pick one of these up b/c I've been planning on deleting my secondaries but I'm worried about the effects of this.

Joey,
From my understanding this is made for the oval port heads. do you think there will be any crazy turbulance w/ this bolted on a set that has been converted? I would love to pick one of these up b/c I've been planning on deleting my secondaries but I'm worried about the effects of this.

If you look at the third drawing you see it tapered off perfect making the air flow nice and smooth plus the velocity will accelerate through the port not sacfricing torque. The setup will flow great especailly since the upper intake flow air very well too.

Joey,

If you bolt it on to a set that is already converted to a splitport manifold then it will probably not seal right. Remember, these fit untouched ovalport heads and mate to splitport upper manifolds.

This value of this piece is measured in time savings. What is your time worth to you? It's taken us about 10 hours to get everything properly plumbed around the 3L UIM. The fuel rail took the longest, of course.

Last edited:
It took me between 6-8 hours to port the 3L heads and really could have spent 2-3 more hours one them if I really had the time. This was with proper air tools as well, so take that into consideration.

This piece will be well worth it time savings alone, not to mention its other positives.

If this was around 3 years ago when I replaced my engine I would have a 3L in there instead of another 2.5L. You are just full of all kinds of awesome ideas.

I need someone here who has a stock returnless style fuel rail to send me the rail or the sensor for the fuel pressure so I can mount it on the custom fuel rail I will pay all shipping cost. Can someone locate me one and send me one?

Did i miss this during the reading?

Do we install our own secondaries or will this come equipped with them? Or maybe without it? As an other option maybe?

Just use your stock LIM and secondaries, port the oval and have the center injector port filled/welded. Just like we are doing now.
This is for those that do not want secondaries because they are going 3L and will have the extra low-end torque to overcome the loss of the secondaries and are getting it tuned, want to run N20 without risk of secondaries not opening, want to run direct port "anything", Boosted, Just don't want to replace the secondary hardware, etc.

If am not mistaken, the piece joey n tom r putting together eliminates tha need for secondaries.

I need someone here who has a stock returnless style fuel rail to send me the rail or the sensor for the fuel pressure so I can mount it on the custom fuel rail I will pay all shipping cost. Can someone locate me one and send me one?

I have a spare sitting around, PM me and I can have it sent out tomorrow [no need to cover shipping, its free for me anyways]

Planning on 3L later this year. Definitely:laugh: interested in something that will save me a few hours!

I was wondering the same thing so that was another reason I wanted to see the setup but that would make it much cheaper for those who are already returnless style. I have to fabricate a reliable fuel rail for the return style setup. We had to change the setup due to cost. The original setup would have been a top notch setup where it was going to machined from a block of aluminum and for me to make a few dollars I would have had to sell it for $500-$600 and there was no way I would put that in production it would have taken longer to pay off the setup cost. I am going back to my orignal setup where I have two flanges one split port and other oval port with injector holes cut out and a boss welded on it. The flanges will have the orignal grooves for the factory o-ring and will have the holes drilled for the gasket on the split-port. I will have it welded up this week I will have the first peice ready for anyone who has returnless style since it will take me another week to develop a good rail for the return style. Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back