• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cabin Air Filter Brands

bullion

CEG'er
I just wanted to get a quick couple of opinions on cabin air filter brands. They seem to range in price considerably. I am guessing there is not a huge difference between them, but I want to confirm this thought.

The reason I ask is the fact they can range from about $17 (for Bosch) to $32 (for Motorcraft).

I use Bosch wherever I can, great products. If Ford is willing to use them as OEM parts on their cars and truck, thats saying somthing...

They are not all the same! The cheaper priced ones usually do not have the carbon base material, but just a dense foam filter or pleated filter. The more expensive ones have the carbon/charcoal material and dense filter material. There is a difference if price is what you are influenced by. This is not to say one is any better then the other just that the price reflects the materials used!

Last edited:
They are not all the same! The cheaper priced ones usually do not have the carbon base material, but just a dense foam filter or pleated filter. The more expensive ones have the carbon/charcoal material and dense filter material. There is a difference if price is what you are influenced by. This is not to say one is any better then the other just that the price reflects the materials used!
I think you misunderstood Post #2, even though the explanation (clarification) was given in Post #3. :laugh:

Back