• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ08 Waterford Hills Open Track 5/15/2008

Gosh I hate to post this, but yet another of my group is having to forfeit his deposit.

Dan Sandburg found out this week that he is going to have to travel to England for work that week and will be out of the country. The perils of working for an international corporation I guess. (He works at Caterpillar, same as I do.) Though it won't make it less painful for the rest of us, this one was beyond his control.

At least Don and Ken Mallinson have already paid in full, so the three of us will be there.

u sure about that? just becuase i didnt change my name staus on there doesnt mean anything.

worrying about having to put in my own money isnt fun. Also wont happen. i suggest finding friends who want to do a open track day.

What time is everyone going to the track?

I can't afford to race but I would love to ride along and hang out. I'll even pay in some cash above whats required if we are a couple guys short.

Would it be possible to arrive at the track earlier??? I was actually hoping we would start a little closer to 9:00 or 9:30.

everyone doing the on track needs to be there at 9am. to go over tech and everything else.

our on track time is 10:30-5:00. anyone missing the drivers meeting will not be allowed on track. so i suggest being there at 9am.

Looks like an earily drive for me. Now I just have to convince the parents to let me get 2 days off school.

Looks like an earily drive for me. Now I just have to convince the parents to let me get 2 days off school.

i got that one covered early. I even think my dad said he was coming to watch. :cool:

steeda, ill be aiming to sit in the parking lot at 830 then. id rather be early. Thanks for the info.

I know but i have to consider my drive and the inevitable event that something will happen to make me later then desired. Id rather be safe then sorry, especially since i paid good money. :shrug:

SOUND RULES IN EFFECT

SOUND RULES IN EFFECT

We have just been informed today that the sound rules are in effect at waterford hills at all times.

The limit is 75dB on the back straight.

The sound measuring device is to the drivers left approx 50-60' away with a large dirt berm seperating the car from the sound measuring device.

Mufflers are REQUIRED on all cars.

Please make note of this.

Waterford Hills has stated that most cars with street type mufflers should pass without issues. However the contour does tend to be pretty loud and "blatty" with certain exhausts. If at all possible I would attempt to measure your car ahead of time.

makin me worried now. Atleast i was planning to get it finished next week, so i can buy a huge magnaflow.

can we get some kind of an example of what that dB sounds like.... i.e. train horn, siren....something? Or where can i get it tested?

Back