• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ08 Waterford Hills Open Track 5/15/2008

Last edited:
From what they have said I would imagine most of your standard street legal aftermarket exhausts would pass.

The ones that would measure 90db or whatever at 10'. I'm gonna post on their forums and see if i can't get examples.

i think you guys are a little too worried about this. i think as long as your car is muffled you should be fine. i very seriously doubt they will have someone there with a microphone, and even if they do, the measurement is taken across the street behind the back stretch, iirc.

I just wanna make sure that everyone who goes can actually run.

And they emailed Steeda telling him they will, and always do, monitor their SPL meter.

We've already had three cars back out that would have definately failed the sound check by a huge margin. I mean, these cars are louder than Barge's WRX :D

don't know if it helps but using the hend held schoche dB meter that I have I read 110 peak at about 10 to 15 feet striaght behind my car when reving it up to about 6k ... that is the 3L with headers, optimized y-pipe, trubendz 2.5" testpipe with highflow cat, trubendz resonated borla exhaust also at 2.5"

so at 50 to 60' I bet that would be around 75 dB or so ...

I just wanna make sure that everyone who goes can actually run.

And they emailed Steeda telling him they will, and always do, monitor their SPL meter.

they are telling him that because he is asking. i work with a guy who is on their board of directors, and he said they never have a meter at private rentals.

they are telling him that because he is asking. i work with a guy who is on their board of directors, and he said they never have a meter at private rentals.

Can someone guarantee this 100%? If they tell me my car is too loud and I can't run, I'm going to be rather upset. I didn't pay to rent a track and then be told how loud my car can be.

There is a way around the noise meter if you really need to do it.

I can recall my first trip to Autobahn where they had a meter and one of the guys I was there with had a modified Cobra R with a basically un-muffled exhaust. He got warned once for being too loud, so whenever he went out he took it easy the first lap until he found where they guy was with the meter. At that point of the track (usually coming off turn 3 on the south course) he would put the car in 4th gear and "limp" out of the corner until he was about half-way down the straight and then he'd drop it to 3rd and hammer down the rest of the lap. Yes, it is a nuisance if you have to do it, but it is better than being told to park your car.

in the unlikely event that there will be a meter there, it will be along the back straight, across the street, and behind a wall.

Here's how its gonna be. If you have paid, there are no refunds, and no whining about it.

If you have paid, and you can't make it, you can privately "sell" your spot to someone else, but no posting about it here. We even request that you let the replacement driver cover thier own portion of the cost, because of all the folks who signed up and backed out without paying.

As it stands, the track day fund is significantly short because of a large number of people that promised to come and backed out before paying. Had we known so many people would flake, the track day would have been planned very differently, and we would not have rented the entire track for ourselves. All that said, the money has been either spent, or is owed to businesses so it must be paid. I don't care how much you do or don't make, its completely irrelevant, you made a commitment to pay for the track day, and if you can't make it, I'm sorry, I wish you could because you'll miss out on a good time. It's not like anyone is making money on this, all the $$ is going directly to track fees and liability insurance (track requires it) so because you guys promised to cover your part, we (steeda, and others planning SZ) promised to pay those amounts, if you can't make it now, it doesn't absolve you from your portion of the bill.

Again, this is the way it has to be, and if there is any more arguing about it, I'll have to start handing out some time off.

And just for the record, I still don't know for sure if I can make it, and you don't see me whining about a refund.

Everyone should be there between 9 and 920 becuase if u miss the tech and drivers meeting u wont be going on the track.

Back