• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ08 Waterford Hills Open Track 5/15/2008

can i get on an alternates list?

i've never driven open track. i will be going to BIR as soon as they have an open track day, so i may have one day of experience under my belt, lol.

what all is required of the vehicle to be legible to run?

can i get on an alternates list?

i've never driven open track. i will be going to BIR as soon as they have an open track day, so i may have one day of experience under my belt, lol.

what all is required of the vehicle to be legible to run?

Regarding BIR - I'll try to remember this next time I'm up there for a track day. The group I go with usually piggy-backs with the Viper and Porsche groups, along with some Ferrari drivers and other odds-and-ends. Most of them are nice guys.

Hopefully as early as possible. The group that is coming up with me will be coming up Wednesday so we can be at the track first thing Thursday morning. They'll probably head for home before it gets too late so an early start will let them maximize their track time.

One of the guys that was coming up with me (Boris with the M3) has been invited to instruct at a Porsche event at Mid-Ohio on May 15-16 and he has elected to go to that event.

His spot is available if someone wants to give me the $25 deposit to give back to him and pay the $125 balance to Steeda.

Bob are you going to let your people know?

I did... and I thought I included you as a cc: on the e-mail so you knew it. Of course, I used the e-mail addy that you give out for your paypal info so if that isn't the correct current one then that's why you may not have seen it.

Do you have an ETA on when your laptop will be back up and running?

I also sent my SZ registration over the weekend with a little note for you about show-n-shine in the comments section.

I also had paid my deposit and can't go since I will be on my honeymoon at that time. I'm kind of bummed I can't be at SZ, but maybe next year, or hopefully I can catch up with some of you Michigan guys this summer. I'll look forward to a SZ 08 video, hopefully with a PG rating :)

#16 M!key-Deposit paid-Stated not showing up
#19 Boumacj-Deposit paid- Stated not showing up
#24 Boris Peharda- SVTOA-HOI member (M3 for now) - Deposit Paid- Stated not showing up
#26 Buckshot-deposit paid- Stated not showing up
#27 I-Dom-in-VII- deposit paid-Stated not showing up

Lets see...

there are 28 names on the list, including the five above that have said they can't come now...

so that leaves 23 still on...

and TRicker said he wanted on the waitlist so I think we are at 24 still with the stated 25 car limit

I'm well aware. If i ever set up a track day again its 100% payment up front. I am majorlly stressing over enough SZ stuff to have to worry about the track event as well ya know.

Also you know you don't have to wait until April to pay the deposit.....

Last edited:
guys i'm moving on april first. after i get setled in and check the finances and get insurance on the car (get it tuned!) i will see how it's all sitting. so after the first week of april i'll get my hotel reserved and get everything paid up. if there is still a spot open, i hope to take it. maybe you guys can help me play without breaking too much.

Back