• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

Josh,

I'm guessing your ditching the AC system. Do you have a main accessory belt for no AC? Dont quote me on this, but I may have one back at my parents house. If you need one let me know, and I'll let it go for the price of shipping.

Josh,

I'm guessing your ditching the AC system. Do you have a main accessory belt for no AC? Dont quote me on this, but I may have one back at my parents house. If you need one let me know, and I'll let it go for the price of shipping.

Yep A/C is gone. Wish i would have known you had one earlier. I traded some parts for parts...and one of the items i picked up was the non-AC drive belt...

Thanks tho Jim. Let me know if there's anything else you can donate.

~Josh

well just making a freeform shape... although the big difference between mine and yours is that mine are frameless windows... infinitely harder [and larger with only 2 doors]. I would say your main problem is going to be getting them to be weatherproof, although that may not concern you.

Also poly has a tendancy to not hold its shape incredibly well, so windows are usually lined with a wire frame to help hold their shape.

anyways, if your planning on using heat to press shape the poly over a mold or the actual glass... make sure you heat treat the poly before you start. This consists of placing it in an oven for 4-6 hours @ ~125 to remove any humidity that may have built up in the ploy. Otherwise you are going to have 'frosting' [millions of tiny airbubbles] in the poly.

Most likely 1-1/4"

Not a bad idea, the old man is already doing some AL welding for me, i may throw this idea at him.

Yeah we have that size die I'm sure of it. Already got someone doing we3lding for you? OK i'll stop bothering you about that then.

Yeah we have that size die I'm sure of it. Already got someone doing we3lding for you? OK i'll stop bothering you about that then.

You're not bothering me by any means.

I picked up a MIG welder this summer and i'll be doing a ton with that this winter. My dad also TIG's gas tanks for a living and we don't do much together anymore so i thought I'd be cool to do it with him. Maybe learn a thing or two myself. I might need the welds machined off the shafts of the Konis if you feel like it this winter...

If I make templates out of conduit, can you bent tube to match for me? I can probably notch and weld it myself.

I know you're busy with the family, but if yoiu find some free time this winter or next spring swing out to the shop and we'll get some **** done.

~Josh

Last edited:
thought I would throw this up here as I meant to comment on it earlier.

you mentioned possibly trying to fab up some fiberglass seats.... I've done this a few times before and I'll give you a hint that will save you massive amounts of time....

go find a childs car seat, pull out any padding and you'll find its plenty big enough to fit your ass, mould on a back support, and use that as your cast. You'll find you have something very close to a formula 1 seat.

You're not bothering me by any means.

I picked up a MIG welder this summer and i'll be doing a ton with that this winter. My dad also TIG's gas tanks for a living and we don't do much together anymore so i thought I'd be cool to do it with him. Maybe learn a thing or two myself. I might need the welds machined off the shafts of the Konis if you feel like it this winter...

If I make templates out of conduit, can you bent tube to match for me? I can probably notch and weld it myself.

I know you're busy with the family, but if yoiu find some free time this winter or next spring swing out to the shop and we'll get some **** done.

~Josh

My dad taught me how to weld so thats way cool in my book. Let me know about the struts and what you need done. Next saturday I should be in the area. I have a truck load of scrap to get rid of. so I'll be around my dads in the am.

I can copy templates no problem. Or if you give me drawings etc I can go from there. I'm hoping that by late winter/spring time...well by next summer to have my truck sold. That should free up more time for me. I'm gonna go get me a few beaters to work on with the boy. I'm thinking about another csvt just because I know what to look for. I would like a cheap turbo car too though. Regardless one of them needs to have a blown or worn out motor. I want to rebuild a motor and play with the internals :)

We're in the middle of swapping Hetfields trans and installing some goodies, and I'm expecting that to be done in the next week. There's still some work to do on the Festiva, but what's left should go quickly, then this thread will get some new pictures. :)

yes for the control arms. read this article and this article and youll understand what im talking about. in fact i would recommend reading the whole "Making It Stick" segment.

Back