• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

I also have a HUGE pile of fuses/relays as I bought an entire interior fuse panel a few years back. I pulled them all for spares incase I ever needed one later.

Hahaha your putting the salvage car back together. That'll be the third time now for it. Have fun Let me know if you need any fabbing help. The welder is at a friends house right now but I can get it back anytime I want. I also have the full welding/machining capabilities once again. By the way I have to look into it but I got offered a part time job welding race car chasiss's,roll cages,and etc. Gonna go look into the shop one of these days. The guy is susposed to have damn near everything needed. Yeah so maybe I might actually get into what I really enjoy doing for a living. Peace out have fun with the newest project.

By the way I have to look into it but I got offered a part time job welding race car chasiss's,roll cages,and etc. Gonna go look into the shop one of these days. The guy is susposed to have damn near everything needed. Yeah so maybe I might actually get into what I really enjoy doing for a living. Peace out have fun with the newest project.

Thats awesome news! Let me know how it turns out for you....do you know the shop's name by chance?

I think he said JD family performance. Its him and his wife. She does all the paint and bodywork he fabs etc. They haven't been able to find any good welders he says. Says he has a jig to build late models so that would be fun! I guess hes got a probe with a 351 swapped into half complete I really need to see that.

I've been continuing cleaning the car and building the motor these past days and it's nearing completion. Haven't been at the shop much because I've got so much else going on. I did sell a set of heads i had sitting here so there's now cash for a non-ac serpentine belt, spark plugs and oil pan gasket....motor should be completed soon, just waiting on an oil pan.

I also took down all my boxes of parts from my loft and I'll be going through them tonight and taking pictures for auctions and classified ads.

I'll try and get some pictures up asap....pictures of the car prior to my obtaining it and progress made before the engine was taken out for another car are on thinkmoto.net

Pics pics pics

Pics pics pics

As the car sat untill this project began:

100_3973.jpg

100_3976.jpg

100_3908.jpg

The engine....before and after.

The engine is from a rollover car, the valve cover was broken and the engine covered in oil from the damage but the cam was inspected and is undamaged, i replaced this VC with another i had in the shop. I tore the motor down to a long block, and cleaned the heck out of it, then went to work replacing what needed it as i reassembled. It required a new pulley set as well as an entire coolant tubing system...that i just so happened to have in a box. :cool:

The engine already has a metal impellar WP installed, i have to believe the car was a CEGers judging from the mods that were on the car...

It still needs some parts but other than an oil pan and gasket i've got everything i need so far.

Before:

100_3903.jpg

100_4004.jpg

msc012.jpg

After:

msc015.jpg

Shop cleaning....

With the motor together and the car back in it's corner it was time to fund the build....so all the boxes came down from the loft and out from under the work benches and this is what resulted.....Scrap metal pile started to take to the recyclers for some dough....and boxes upon boxes of parts....this isn't even a quarter of what i've got

I unpacked everything so i knew what i had, then proceeded to organize it all and will soon be starting a classifieds thread.

msc006.jpg

msc009.jpg

msc010.jpg

msc020.jpg

msc021.jpg

msc022.jpg

msc023.jpg

msc024.jpg

Hahaha spice rack I C U! Man I'd love to have one gutted just to take to Gingerman. Keep it coming!

As the car sits as of tonight...

Most of the wiring pictured will be gone as it's no longer necessary....pics of that process to come when it happens. Not pictured are updates in the engine bay, lets just say it's getting bare. The entire HVAC system is coming out next, the engine bay portion is already removed(as seen in pictures on floor) and once i'm done with removing the interior pieces I'll weight them and figure a total weight for the system's removal.

The interior is now gutted minus the carpet and removal of it's wiring is on the list for the next trip out as well. I'll be converting the front windows to manual cranks the rears will most likely be lezan and the door shells gutted entirely.

The dash is also going on a diet, it's weight before and after to follow if i have time to weigh it.

msc058.jpg

msc062.jpg

msc060.jpg

msc063.jpg

msc068.jpg

that looks like a **** load of fun..... I should go down there by you... - when is the next day you will really be diving in again? I will wear my black coord slippers too! hurray for spice rack! later - JOE

Back