• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Alignment after replacing rear struts?

primalzer1998

CEG'er
Well both of my rear struts went out within the last couple of days. The driver side rear is basically sitting on the ground, and it feels like a buckboard when im driving it. Since I don't have any means to do any sort of major repair, I'm having it replaced, but the question is, do I have to get the car aligned after i get it replaced? I just had the car aligned like 2 months ago, and really don't want to spend the $70+ to get it done again if at all possible. Thanks!

-Jon

If your tires have more than 50 percent thread, the $70 alignment is worth it or you are looking at two new tires ($250) plus alignment (another $70) within a few months.

If your tires have more than 50 percent thread, the $70 alignment is worth it or you are looking at two new tires ($250) plus alignment (another $70) within a few months.

but he is doing the rears... You mean you should do one if the rears are done? I never did mine when the rear struts went and I didn't have a problem. Than again my tires weren't that well off in tread depth.

Most likely the rears were wearing out causing the rear end to sag at least a little at the time of the last alignment. If you have a decent set of tires on there, get the thing aligned. Ride height effects the alignment greatly even if its only off a little bit.

Back