• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Svt Tb?

Yawak

CEG'er
Should I get an SVT tb for my 99 SE ATX or should i just optimize it? Just looking for more stuff to do on my car, since i've found so much in the forums already! :rolleyes:

I would only consider getting the SVT TB unless your going to get the SVT UIM (upper intake manifold) as well. By the way, if you get the SVT TB, you also need the new throttle linkage, bracket, TPS sensor, gasket, etc.

I would only consider getting the SVT TB unless your going to get the SVT UIM (upper intake manifold) as well. By the way, if you get the SVT TB, you also need the new throttle linkage, bracket, TPS sensor, gasket, etc.

Okay, but will the SVT UIM fit on my SE's LIM? Or would i need to upgrade that as well? Thanks in advance....

Would a SVT UIM, LIM & TB from a salvage yard, in good condition of course, be good enough?

Would a SVT UIM, LIM & TB from a salvage yard, in good condition of course, be good enough?

What do you mean good enough? If you mean, do you need anything else, then yes, you need the SVT TB bracket, linkage, TPS, etc. Oh, and make sure you get a return LIM instead of a returnless.

What do you mean good enough? If you mean, do you need anything else, then yes, you need the SVT TB bracket, linkage, TPS, etc. Oh, and make sure you get a return LIM instead of a returnless.

eerr, i meant that the parts from a junkyard is okay to use? not meaning thats all i need in parts, per say.....

sorry noob question, how can you tell the difference in a return LIM and a returnless?

late 99s and 2000s used the returnless fuel system. You should be able to tell by the fuel rail just by looking at it. Actually, im pretty sure you can just swap over your current fuel rail, so I dont really think its a big deal.

i have the svt tb now, can i install that, for now, while i try to find a UIM?
I understand that I also need a few other items, of course.

i have an intake manifold i'm rebuilding right now. when thats done, i'm swapping the manifolds on my car. you can buy mine if you want. btw, i also have the LIM and the TB.

Back