• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lotek Gauge Pods :: Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
They tried to deliver mine today while i was at work. I have to leave a note now telling them to leave it :blackeye:

Christine you have an E0, correct? The E0's have a different dashboard, don't they have a small round trim lip at the bottom of the A-Pillar? I'm sure that's why it's fitting a little oddly with the stock trim in there.

Mine showed as well, got it before the wife found it!!!

Rod

whip.gif
:blackeye: :laugh:

mine fits perfectly with out the stock trim but with the stock trim it is weird..must be differnt dashes like pen-two said. oh by the way the MNB matches percetly idk what eveyrone was talkin about not matching. looks good to me. now i just gotta find some gauges

Still on shipping confirmation email.
I clicked the link on the Order confirmation email to check the status and it says STATUS UNKNOWN
WTF is that ???

UPDATE:
I emailed Lotek and anyone who ordered a tan pillar it will be delayed. He told me they are waiting for the paint to come in and that mine should ship within 2-3 days.
-tropictour

What makes them garbage?:confused:

I know Autometer is a big name, but a lot of people would never swear by them.:shrug:

Not 100% accurate - i.e. bad calibration.

There was a study done on many of the major automotive gauge brands, probably 6-9 months ago. I will see if I can troll google and find it. But the gist of it, you get what you pay for.

Autometer is a big name, but personally I think they are junk also, by first hand experience of gauges being inaccurate.
granted you don't "need" 100% accuracy, but it is sure nice to have.

I'm also not referring to gauges like volt/AF etc..(the brinky rite AF gauge is junk no matter the brand)
I am talking about gauges that come into play as major tuning and monitoring devices. Boost/EGT/OP/WP/FP etc.

Like I said, its personal choice and budget allowance. Personally if I had my pick I would buy DEFI Gauges. But my budget doesn't allow for it.. or rather I'm not going to spend $800-1000 on 3 gauges and a control system for a contour. :)
In which case 3 Autometer gauges at $250 will be good enough for me.

EDIT: Here is a setup showing what you can have with Defi gauges...

daisy2.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE:
I emailed Lotek and anyone who ordered a tan pillar it will be delayed. He told me they are waiting for the paint to come in and that mine should ship within 2-3 days.
-tropictour

Thanks for the update. I just recieved an email saying my tan pillar has been shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back