• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT Products and services updates/information

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
1) I recently installed my first of two prototype air\oil seperators on Hetifelds car and the reports are good.

My seperator seems to be handling the underhood temps well and after 200 miles of driving there is accumulation of oil in the bowl.

I will be installing the second on my SVT in the near future, however, the car was broken into this weekend so that is on temporary hold untill i can get that sorted out. After i have severl thousand cataloged miles with no problems i will be offering them in my linup of products at an estimated price of $50.

2) Since the car is in need of repair, i will most definitly be removing my mirko for a couple days durring wich i will be making the pattern for the skid plates, once this is done i need to simply create a CAD model from my drawings and send them off for quote.

great news ... I was just wondering where things where standing

:::waits patiently for Mirko skid plate::: :crazy:

any updates on the mirko skid plate? getting my car back from paint in a few day I really want one ...

Pole, some said that you sell optimized y-pipes. Is this true, or do you not do that anymore? I'm making up my X-mas list.:laugh: ;) Thanks.

Mirko skid plates are coming along at a crawl. I'm working 10 hr days at work right now so time is tight to begin with and i've got many projects in the works at the shop so devoting time to just one thing right now is impractical for me, but i'm trying guys!

As for the y-pipes. I've got several stockers awaiting optimizing, but i'm still waiting for a new welder before i can get back into it, but yes i will be doing them eventually.

~Josh

josh, no worries, car is getting parked for the winter right after paint so I don't need it right away ;) , just by the spring :laugh:

anywho keep up the good work, I'll put money down on a mirko skid plate as soon as its ready ...

Josh, that's cool. Could you PM when you get some, I'm interested in a set, but need time to save up some $$$. Damn wheel bearings:laugh:

So yea I'm bringing this thread back.

Spring will be here in a few months and I am really in the need of a Mirko skidplate. I know there are ALOT of others who would like one. Will these be done for this Spring?

Tell you what. It's obvious I'm taking too long on these skid plates(I'm trying to develop about 6 products all at once).

I'll do everything in my power to devote the next week to the skid plates alone.

I've got a rough sketch done for quoting
I've selected the material (1/8" thk. 6061 AL)
The plates will be CNC plasma cut and follow the shape of the Mirko smoothly....you really shouldn't even realize it's there unless you're looking for it.
It will mount with 3-4 low-profile head 1/4-20 bolts from the bottom(not visible)

Let me get pricing on a time and material basis for a Qty. (10) plates and we'll go from there. If pricing is too high..then i'll have to take some extra time to search several other fabricators.

Also:

I'll build a jig for the brackets Friday and get a price from my powder coater to have them finished....so look for an update onthem as well end of next week.

~Josh

josh no worries, you are doing more for the platform then most people, just hoping to have a skid plate for the spring so I don't scrape up my mirko any more then I have ... I have no doubt it will be a high quality product and that takes time ...

Nice! Thanks for replying Josh. I really want to slap one of these on my Mirko. It's going to be painted in early Spring but I didn't want to mount it until I had a little protection.

If it is ok with you and you would like a list of 10 ppl interested in the 1st batch I would like to start a list:

Mirko Skid Plate
1) TeamSVTour

Mirko Skid Plate
1) TeamSVTour
2) BrApple
3. Frosty

If I decide to keep the molded Mirko, this is a MUST!:cool:

Back