• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th

Hey Icy, are you sure its ok for me to run it on the Dragon then? I mean you don't know me and I don't want to "rock the boat". I'm not one to push things further than they can go and probably drive the car at about 7/10-8/10 on the Dragon FWIW.

She wont mind especially with us getting to drive the Crossfire. She loves those cars and well so do I for that matter!!!!!

Cossfire is a really nice car....I drove it at SZ06, BUT I am too big of a guy for it. More suited for someone 5'6"- 5'9" and skinny.:laugh:

SVT letting me down

SVT letting me down

Well guys I might not make the run with the SVT. My d/r (driver side-rear) brake is giving me problems. I changed all the brakes to Stazi brakes, bled them in the proper steps and the d/r is not bleeding. No fluid is coming out when that caliper is bled. So im working on this problem as we speak. I have been dealing with this for about a week and if I can not resolve it I will take my wifes' '06 VW Passat. I have read hundreds of pages on CEG with no solution in site yet. I am going to the run regardless if the SVT is running or not. My wife and I are ready for a vacation.

Cheers,
Suriel

CSVT.UA.SHO is coming!!!

CSVT.UA.SHO is coming!!!

Well guys i found out my school schedule and i will be able to attend. Just to throw this out there....i need to change my tranny fluid from ATF to maybe RP synthetic. anyboyd be willing to help...im still fairly new to some things!

Well guys I might not make the run with the SVT. My d/r (driver side-rear) brake is giving me problems. I changed all the brakes to Stazi brakes, bled them in the proper steps and the d/r is not bleeding. No fluid is coming out when that caliper is bled. So im working on this problem as we speak. I have been dealing with this for about a week and if I can not resolve it I will take my wifes' '06 VW Passat. I have read hundreds of pages on CEG with no solution in site yet. I am going to the run regardless if the SVT is running or not. My wife and I are ready for a vacation.

Suriel, what method are you using to bleed the rear brake caliper? Vacuum system, or pedal pumping? If you're using the vac method, try opening the bleeder & pumping the pedal a few times to get any blockage out of the system.

Have you pulled the bleed nipple all the way out & checked it? I've seen more than one that were not drilled all the way through or not drilled out at all, so they act like a plug.

I used both, pump and pedal. The bleeder valve was removed. The end that goes inside the caliper has a hole drilled to it but it does not go through it. I blew air (in to bleeder valve) to the hole that goes into the caliper and I felt the air come out the top. The brake hose attached to the caliper was removed and pumped with pump and pedal and no fluid came out. Also the brake line coupling that is to the right of the strut attached to the frame of the vehicle was undone and again pedal and pump was done with no fluid coming out of it. So I beleive the valve that is below the brake cylinder, I do not remember the name of it, is bad. There are four tubes coming out of it, which I beleive from what I have read each tube goes to a caliper. I am out of options right now. Now to take it to Ford and see what they can do.

Cheers,
Suriel

Next thing to do is unplug the line at the distribution block to see if that may be gunked up. If the fluid pumps out of that block, you may consider replacing the brake lines to that caliper. Not very expensive if you do it yourself. I've got a feeling that a rubber seal or some other debris got caught up in the line somewhere...

What did Stazi say?

What did Stazi say?

I'm sure he can help you out in this situation. We're just about 2 weeks away and BTW Icy, if you like the Crossfire enough maybe you and your wife can take it off my hands, either right away or in the spring. I really like the car but the EVO has been calling my name, especially after I've driven Hectors car twice in this past year and I'm sure after I drive it on the Dragon it will not only be calling my name but SCREAMING IT!!!

Suriel it could be a problem with the master cylinder also but I don't think it would be bad if it was working before you changed brakes.

It sounds like gunk in the lines. Try unhooking the brake line where it meets the hard metal line under the body. If no fluid comes outta there, then you know it's further up the line. Then check the distribution block, then the master cylinder.

ok im going

how much would a hotel near yall cost? i dont have the funds right now to go ahead and pay for one advance. but i'll have them by that time so any rough estimates?

Zach didn't answer my phone call/call me back so I think we got a space open in the large cabin if you wanna do that. Super cheap since we're getting the cabins half off I think.

I'll take one of those spots Kristi. Tell brad i didn't see jess today but will look for him again tomorrow. my g/f is coming too, but all she needs is a clear, safe, and flat parking spot.

my g/f is coming too, but all she needs is a clear, safe, and flat parking spot.
I knew you were going to say that! :laugh:

Okay, so that means one spot in the cabin... but I guess we could make something work out with air mattresses or something for csvtjohnga and girlfriend? How much room is there in the cabin? Anyone know if there are still open cabins avaiable in the complex?

*I just read the thread about 2007 Calendars*

I suggest we make it a point to try to get pictures while on the run that are quality for the 2007 CEG Calendar. Representin' the Southeast!

I worked at CopyMax/OfficeMax for 6 years - I'll take it upon myself to make a Southeast CEG 2007 Calendar just for us if you guys are interested. Its something that can be talked about while we're hanging out at the cabins.

Back