• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th

After talking to the woman at the Village, Mapquesting both "Fastest" and "Shortest" routes, and thinking of stopping in Sweetwater for groceries:

I think I'll go up I-75 to Sweetwater and then over to Tellico Plains.... still thinking it over though, because I haven't checked on road construction on both routes.

For us staying in the cabins, how's it gonna work with us meeting up there? Like what time friday (for us in the big cabin)? Pokat? I estimate I'll be in tellico plains between 2-3pm but that depends on traffic. If I get there a bit early I don't mind just waiting for people. I'll have to swap my wheels anyways when I get there.

i still need to find a place for me to crash and i cant get that day off work so ill be leaving around 4-5ish to head up there and i can get my way thru atl traffic quick-like. just need the directions and a hotel near by or possibly an open cabin.

What about Friday?

What about Friday?

Ok, I see some of you guys plan on getting there around 3-4 p.m. on Friday. Do you want us to wait till you get there on Friday to head out there as a group or do you wanna wait till we get back and do a night run?

Hector, how does this sound to you? I mean to me it doesn't matter as we'll probably run the Dragon on Thursday evening anyways, so if we gotta wait till Friday evening to run it again, no problem on my end, although we'll probably run the Skyway in the afternoon to "warm up"!

Saturday is the main day we need to set things up. What time do you guys wanna head out there on Saturday? I usually get up, hit the shower and then hit Hardees for some breakfast . Then we head out, usually around 10:30 a.m. and have it! Any input, suggestions would be great as we're almost one week away, CAN'T WAIT!

BTW guys, DON'T FORGET YOUR TWO-WAYS!

I know we will run on Thursday when we get there.:laugh:

Friday, I wouldn't mind cruising the Skyway in the morning. Come back to meet everyone arriving at the cabins. Sounds like a plan.:cool:

i still need to find a place for me to crash and i cant get that day off work so ill be leaving around 4-5ish to head up there and i can get my way thru atl traffic quick-like. just need the directions and a hotel near by or possibly an open cabin.
We got spot(s) open in the big cabin.

Roger and Hector PM me your phone numbers so i can at lest try and call you guys on thursday. I might meet up with you guys after work. Friday the wife and I both are off of work.(i did some friday work trading lol) I will try to get in touch with brad and kristy about the big cabin and see if I can get us in any earlier in the day with them not there yet. they both have to work till 5ish friday. And I GOT "17's just ordered them and should be here just in time to get the tires on a day or so before the meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ed_10.jpg

20_10.jpg

x

x

SVT/Saleen mech said the ABS module is not working properly thus not sending fluid to the rear caliper. All mechanical parts are working properly but just no brake fluid....

They are sending the car to the most experiensed SVT mech at the dealer. From what I researched about this dealer, it seem squared away. The dealer is the second largest in the country so I assume the mechs have alot of years of experience put toghther.

Now from what i have read in the old forums, It does not hurt the vehicle to drive it in this manner for a short period of time, I just have to keep in mind I wont have ABS.

Cheers,
Suriel

Last edited:
Ok family, got the phone call just a few minutes ago. The service manager said the ABS module and relay assembly are faulty. The part alone is 1,721.94 plus Four (4) hrs of labor @ 94.65 per hours plus tax.

Cheers,
Suriel

You can't just pay a diagnosis fee and fix it yourself. I'm sure the parts are cheaper through bill jenkins and dang that labor is high. ... atleast it's getting fixed.

No. The SVT has 103,087 miles. I haggled with the dealer about the charge. They are not going to charge me for the diagnostic fee, which was little over 100 $. It is not much but every little helps. I briefly considered purchasing the parts my self and taking it to a garage that is owned by a co-worker but considering it is the brake system that is damaged i am going to spend the money and get it fixed the right way.

Suriel

cops, I pm'd you (twice - ignore the earlier one) & got your message - Thanks!

Ross, after doing trip maps on various sites, I've found more do say it's better to go I-575 to GA-5 to TN-68... but I'd rather stick to bigger roads if the traffic's too awful.

We'll probably get there 3 - 4 Friday afternoon, but I may crash for a while - I'll have been driving since 2 am or so :eek:

Accuweather is predicting rain Sat, Oct 14, but that's better than yesterday when they were predicting rain Fri & Sat!

I've gone up 5 and it was pretty good. First part of it was sucky but it was still the best way once I got through the traffic jam.

And who knows how the weather will be then. Weather.com shows rain friday. It can definitely change by then. Though I'm not afraid of rain, my tires have a bit of tread.

After talking to the woman at the Village, Mapquesting both "Fastest" and "Shortest" routes, and thinking of stopping in Sweetwater for groceries:

I think I'll go up I-75 to Sweetwater and then over to Tellico Plains.... still thinking it over though, because I haven't checked on road construction on both routes.

That's a great route to take to Tellico, but just drive through Sweetwater until you get to 411; then turn left to find the Wal-Mart & other stores for groceries, fast food joints, etc. Sweetwater is a nice little town, but you won't find much until you get to 411. IIRC, there is also a K-mart or sup'm at the intersection of 411 & 68 on your right, but I didn't like it much 'cause there wasn't much traffic in that plaza.

The plans for Friday

The plans for Friday

Hector and I will be back at the cabins by 4 or so, so wait till we get there and then we'll go from there. I'm thinking dinner after we meet each other and BS for a while and then, later in the evening, head out for the night run, what do you guys think?

Back