• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ok - im dead in the water

Infinity G20t

Comes standard with SR20DE motor, limited slip diff, recaro seats and good gas mileage. Availabe in 5 speed and very upgradeable obviously. I've been giving this car consideration myself. Not a whole lot less room than those econo wagons when you fold the seats down. I've got a 9.3 wagon. There isn't THAT much room in it.

sounds very cool - but doesnt have any more carrying capacity than our existing Malibu.

I need it to at least have a larger opening, at present the malibu truck is huge - but the opening isnt.

Ok then here's one. Forget it's not GM for a second.

05-07 Nissan Frontier or Xterra

Both come with the 4.0 6cylinder that Stillen has a SC for. 317 to the ground in a Xterra would be moving

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=STISUPR06&c=PE

Sadly, it wouldn't change the fact that the vehicle drives like its half full of water, and has all the interior quality of a Hyundai Excel.

GM, cargo capacity, reliability, inexpensive purchase price, fuel efficiency, tremendous freedom imparted by funds not wasted otherwise:

D) All of the above.

6000-85-3.jpg

6000-ste-85-4.jpg

There are a couple on Autotrader with 70-80K miles with asking prices of around $1500. :cool:

Celebrity wagon?

I guess I may have left off the "reliable daily transport with Airbags and ABS" part . . .

I have looked at the Exterras, kinda like them but their milage is ****ty.

Celebrity wagon?

I guess I may have left off the "reliable daily transport with Airbags and ABS" part . . .

Never. That there's a Pontiac 6000. They were solid enough -- a well cared for example shouldn't leave you stranded. Airbags are overrated. 3-point driver and front passenger belts are where its at. As for ABS, I've every confidence you can modulate the pedal successfully.

I would search one out if I needed a GM with good gas mileage and plenty of cargo room. The STE sedan, particularly the early ones, are cars I've always enjoyed. Ecclectic tastes, perhaps.

And you're knocking the Hyundai interiors?

Sure. You may find the 6000 dash a bit dated, or not enjoy the shape, but the quality was far superior to Hyundais, as was the feature content.

Car and Driver had a bit of a love affair with the '83 and '84 STE. I'm not the only one. :cool:

I honestly looked into them. Fuel milage is as bad as a TBSS. TBSS is newer and nicer inside. Granted TBSS would cost more, but with this situation the cost would be worth it.

GREAT suggestion though.

Sure. You may find the 6000 dash a bit dated, or not enjoy the shape, but the quality was far superior to Hyundais, as was the feature content.

Car and Driver had a bit of a love affair with the '83 and '84 STE. I'm not the only one. :cool:

My wife had a Hyundai and my uncle had the 6000LE. No upgrade Laura sorry they both lack in many areas.

I honestly looked into them. Fuel milage is as bad as a TBSS. TBSS is newer and nicer inside. Granted TBSS would cost more, but with this situation the cost would be worth it.

GREAT suggestion though.

So Horse - you want a vehicle that you can load a lazy boy in the back of, is real quick, handles good, is under 15k and gets 25+mpg? Have you tried Santa yet? Because neither one really exists. Find the compromise and we can help you find a car.

So Horse - you want a vehicle that you can load a lazy boy in the back of, is real quick, handles good, is under 15k and gets 25+mpg? Have you tried Santa yet? Because neither one really exists. Find the compromise and we can help you find a car.

As long as it looks good I am ok with it not being that fast. Other than that I dont think I need to compromise. I dont need it to be big enough to swallow a lazy-boy, just big enough to fit stuff that wont fit into a trunk.

Im seriously considering the following right now:
GT Cruiser
HHR
Mazda 5

Obviously none of these is blazingly fast, GT being the best there. 5 has best cargo space but least power. HHR is a chev which will make the wifey happy.

I like the HHR except for the front end. the interior is leaps and bounds above that of previous chevys and it gets 32 mpg highway. I liked the hotrod custom on evilbay, maybe i will have to look into something like that.

Can a clearcoated car be re-sprayed in a matte finish clear? Daymon? Anyone?

GREAT suggestion though.

Remember also, a TY resale is the same. SO, buy one, but 30k miles on it and resale it for the same amount you bought it for. -B. FREE CAR !

Oops, forgot about this thread. Doesn't really need more suggestions.

O/T: Laura, nice horse pic. And to answer your question, not all that often. They generally don't pull the horses through town (no need).

Back