• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ok - im dead in the water

I say go for the redline vue. We looked at one of those and ended up buying the redline ion instead but now my wife is dead set on her next car being the redline vue. they are super nice and look great i say go for it!

No truck is going to meet your MPG requirements, but they'll easily meet your space requirements.

If you want space, handling, and milage...I think a wagon is your best bet. You might be able to get away with an Element...probably wont meet your handling desires, though.

I think Saab makes some nice wagons, keep you in the GM family, but don't know what you'd find for 14K.

You could get a Baja XT...you know damn well ANY dealer is DYING to get those suckers off their lots! :laugh:

Ouch, not buying a Ford because of the in-laws!? I guess that's better than my friend that became vegan instantly when he got hitched.... :shrug:

Chris is right on track IMO. GM, turbo 4.3, AWD, lots of room and would handle pretty damn good. You can find 'babied' Syclones or Typhoons for a pretty good deal.

Ignore the American Racing Torq Thrust II's, and picture some sweet/tasteful staggerd set of tuner style wheels :cool:
Typhoon_atWOW__600p.jpg

Typhoons rule ! I hope to one day own one. I have had 13 cars in 10 years, and I still need a vette, 3000GTVR4, Viper, and a SY or a TY to fill complete. ha ha ha You can get a SYTY clean for 14k. Happy shopping. -B.

I am on #13 in the 4.5 yrs my wife and I have been married...possibly getting # 14 this week. I think I am goign to stop for a while after I sell a couple.

see - now dave is on the right track.

Dave - how easy is it to fit the SRT intercooler/performance goodies into the PT?

I would buy an HHR in a min if they just offered the 2.0SC option . . .

see - now dave is on the right track.
Dave - how easy is it to fit the SRT intercooler/performance goodies into the PT? . . .

Pretty easy actually. The intercooler would take some custom tubing. I thought AGP offered something, but they don't show it anymore. I've seen it done.

www.agpturbo.com and search for PT Cruiser.

Here's the SRTForums section: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=272

I hear this place has tons of stuff:
http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ptcruiser/

If you want MOPAR name stuff go here:
http://www.speedandpowerdevelopment.com/
They don't show PT stuff, but if you email Jimmy, he'll hook you up.

*EDIT* If it matters, the PT Turbo is available with an automatic.

Last edited:

Damn :shocked: I'm diggin it :shrug: :shocked:

I'm not normally a fan of the HHR, but that's just plain cool :cool: Love the '64 Impala taillights, I'm actually considering those wheels for myself, and the satin paint that actually has UV protectant in it rather than some cheap primer is the sincher IMO. Sweet and unique!

Oh yeah, it also seems to fit your needs..... but with some style. That's important too. lol

This car was originally purchased With 5,400 miles; it was 2 months old when it was stolen in Hawaii. Being a new body style for 2006 there weren’t any parts available from Chevrolet, and I’m guessing to expensive to ship there? For replacement. The car was then issued a salvage title then brought back to the main land where I purchased it and replaced all missing parts with original GM parts. And began the transformation into A Rat Rod.

I'd still go for it. :shrug:

I think it looks kinda cool!

It needs more 2.0L SC though . . .

AND he wants WAY too much for it. I have seen 2007 models with low miles for less.
I could make my own for far less. I have actually started to consider an HHR. I would LOVE to get the panel version, but since I am buying this with a consideratino to the future I have to get windows model.

Last edited:
I have been reading a bit on HHR forums that that car has never made it past developement because the Ecotec ECU doesnt like boost. I am confused because the 2.0 is a friggen sweet motor.

I guess that the 2.0 2.2 and 2.4 all use different ECU's and have "major" differences that wont let lots of stuff swap easily. "no one" has gotten a 2.4L HHR to Turbo or SC and keep it street legal.

Back