• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Intake Sensor Mod

-ray-

New CEG'er
I recently puchased a intake mod (resistor) for my 95' Contour GL. The sales associate said it could gain a possible 20 horse.

Every part on my engine is stock, with an air intake on the way. I was wondering if this mod will add any sort of gain / loss, and is it a benifit overall?

Last edited:
Man you've got screwed big time !!!

A resistor mod does not give more HP.

in fact it has been dyno proven to remove power

if it sounds to good to be true then it most likely is ... don't buy crap like that from ebay ... a resistor at radioshack is only like a $ or 2 .... even if it did work ...

Man, I can't believe people actually fall for that thing. :help:

Even if it did work, it would cost like $.20 to buy the resistor from Radio Shack instead of buying it online for $20. :nonono:

What excatly does this mod do then?

Dumps more fuel than you actually need into the engine resulting in a loss of hp. I know a Ford Ranger had a dyno proven 15 hp LOST from this thing. If you see any mod that says its guarnateed to give 20 hp and it only costs a few bucks, its a scam.

Last edited:
its obvious that people buy those things or they wouldn't be still selling them,,now days they are getting more clever by putting them in little plasic boxes with wires coming out so they look all official. anybody remember that venom 500 thing it was basically the same thing only it cost like $300. and i will admit that when i was young and stupid i actually bought one,,, what a massive waste of money. it did absolutly nothing. learned my lesson though.

Dude I just bought one of those. You mean it dosen't work. F**k now how am I gonna beat those pesky crapboxes! j/k

As if gaining 20bhp was bad enough, now they say 45bhp by adding a switch.

Back