• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

No more SVT!!!! (Hopefully not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donradeon

CEG'er
I was driving way too fast by Smith and Wesson and where the road overpasses the highway I lost control (don't know how, probably hit a expansion joint).. hit the guard rail, went backwards into the right side curb, which launched my car into the air, then I hit a bill-board which peeled my driver side doors off like a banana peel, that spun me around and I landed hitting two parked cars.

All while not wearing a seat belt and holding on for dear life to the passenger seat.

Crawled out of the car to be greeted by 3 highway construction workers who were amazed I was alive, let alone walking away with a few scratches and some shattered glass in my hair.

I will post pictures tomorrow since I have the day off of work.

I hope the SVT isn't a complete loss.. aside from needing both drivers side doors, a new rear windshield, some frame pulling.. new control arms and lower suspension in the front, all new paint on the drivers side, a few new wheels and tires.... it's not all that bad... (haha)

Sigh. At least I'm alive. I thought I was done for. Wait til you see the pictures.

Last edited:
damn dude!!
hope you didnt get nailed by the police for speeding in a construction zone, they can be brutal about that.

Were you driving fast as you went over the drop-off? Because there is a drop-off right as you go over the peak of the overpass. If you're going fast you can feel your stomach drop....Sucks about the car man :(. Glad you're not hurt...What ended up happening with the police and whatnot?

I think i know that overpass, is that the road by the central high school. I don't remember the street anymore, I think it goes all the way down to sumner ave I may be confused I can picture it. I hit that once in my old sho thats a good drop. soory to hear about the car, glad you are okay.

That sounded like quite an experience. Good thing you are ok. Its too bad I didn't get a chance to meet you the other day. I hope you will be able to fix the car and get back in the road.

Here's the Pics. The Car is definately a total. The damage to the driver's side is extensive. Dammit I just put like 20 bucks worth of premium in too! effing A.

First off, the billboard I hit:
SVT%20001.jpg

The Grass I drove over:
SVT%20002.jpg

One of the other cars I hit:
SVT%20003.jpg

What I saw when I opened up my eyes again:
SVT%20012.jpg

And what I saw after I crawled out of the passenger side window:
SVT%20005.jpg

SVT%20006.jpg

SVT%20007.jpg

SVT%20009.jpg

SVT%20010.jpg

74k miles young
SVT%20011-1.jpg

Last edited:
wtf! wow dude!
Good to hear you're ok.
Did you still go get checked out at the hospital just in case?
Yeah i went to the hospital to get some cuts and scratches taken care of, took the day off of work today (doctors orders, I'm on painkillers). I'm doing fine tho, considering.

To put things into perspective. The billboard is on the right, and the damage on my car is on the left...

Way too fast, no seatbelts, spining, stationary object, driver side damage... wtf how am I even still alive? Let alone walke away with a few scratches. Good reflexes I guess.

edit:
I wasn't given a citation at the accident, but I don't know if I'll be mailed one. My first major accident, and it was quite a good one! haha I think I'll let people just pass me from now on haha.

Last edited:
holy friggin hell, dude!
I hate to be preachy so soon after your experience, but I hope you learned your lesson from all of this.

(and I can't help but giggle at the billboard in the pic of the parked car).

holy friggin hell, dude!
I hate to be preachy so soon after your experience, but I hope you learned your lesson from all of this.

(and I can't help but giggle at the billboard in the pic of the parked car).

Yea I noticed that after the fact too, kind of ironic..

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: - wow, Im glad your alright ... now I'm alittle hesitant to drive my car at the moment ...

Man, I have no idea how you walked away from that so easily. It looks like the drivers side got crushed in. Yah, that car is done, it would be way too expensive to fix it. Maybe you can part it out.

wow, you hit a hospital billboard and the car you hit is sitting under an accident lawyer billboard.... thats crazy wierd. Glad to see you walked away from that. Looks like there are some salvagable parts, the passanger doors still look to be aligned. Going to part it out? Headlights stil look good :laugh:

WOW!!!!
it is hard to believe that somepne could walk away from that!

definitely time to part it out.
the passenger side tailight looks good..somene needed one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back