• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Pudmunkie Performance Projector fog lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pudmunkie

Hard-core CEG'er
What kind of intrest do we have here for hella 90mm Projector fog lights?? You have the option of doing a full projector, or using the 90mm high beam as a pencil style driving light. Here are pictures from MONTHS ago during prototyping.

DSC02013.jpg

DSC02030.jpg

DSC02028.jpg

Your output will look like the following picture if you pick the 90mm projector and opt for the flat cut off sheild I designed (note your color will not be yellow, this is HID). (this was not my car, but teamsvt mirrored exactly what I did...)

*Picture removed* A new picture will be up shortly

I have not set pricing at this time, but expect it to cost around 250 dollars INCLUDING projectors and a relay harness (easy to upgrade to HID down the road....)

I would like to get a minimum of 5 people, but pricing may become more flexible with more...

If you are interested put your name on a list!

Last edited:
Just an FYI to those intersted, You can go HID ( 3k, 4300, 6000k) for roughly 100 more, and ill provide a relay harenss for free so you're looking at ~350. The thing is that HID is not necessary. The fog lights are effective in halogen form, and being that they are in a higher risk area down by the bumper, a 10 dollar set of bulbs is alot cheaper than buying new HID bulbs and ballasts.

Just a side note teamsvttour, You need to get out of my thread, You stole the idea from me. You copied my design EXACTLY and now you want to go ahead and sell it? If necessary ill bring the price down to where I wont make anything on the kit... Just as long as you dont either. People were not happy about Weapon R ripping off MSDS, what makes you think your theft of intellectual property is any better?

pudds ill be down for a set depending on the k sport coilover gb.

i mean i could try this myself and maybe get it to work or i could get them from you and they be perfect

Just a side note teamsvttour, You need to get out of my thread, You stole the idea from me. You copied my design EXACTLY and now you want to go ahead and sell it? If necessary ill bring the price down to where I wont make anything on the kit... Just as long as you dont either. People were not happy about Weapon R ripping off MSDS, what makes you think your theft of intellectual property is any better?

To respond to this you are INCORRECT. I PM'd you asking about your bracket and never got responses. After months of waiting you still never offered me the bracket or returned my PM. I do not even know what your bracket looks like so please explain how I copied anything. I got tired of waiting and I made MY own bracket with MY OWN ability. I find it amazing that as soon as I post my pics of my done retro W/ HID you come in here and try to peddle your goods like some savior when I was asking for the bracket months ago. Impeccable timing. To add to this you use MY cutoff pic to try to peddle your goods. You use that pic to say "Your output will look like the following picture if you pick the 90mm projector and opt for the flat cut off shield I designed"...EXCUSE ME??? but that pic is of my car, my setup, and the cutoff shield I produced. How do you get off saying "you designed" and use a pic of everything that is mine. So who is copying/stealing what? The only thing in common here is we used the same fog light just like many CEG'rs have used the PIAA 510. There are MANY retro-fitters out there, don't think your "skill" is all that special. Your method of how you handled the whole situation about the bracket is what prompted me to make MY OWN setup. As far as making $ on it...that was never MY intention.

That is all. I will abide by your request and not type anymore in here if you do not call me out again.

To respond to this you are INCORRECT. I PM'd you asking about your bracket and never got responses. After months of waiting you still never offered me the bracket or returned my PM.
Sorry, I was busy with school so CEG comes second. That is also the reason I never got back to you. Ive had this ready to release for quite a while, just have not had time between doing 4 retrofits, dropping in a 3 liter, and working on a tc'd 3.0 svt.

I do not even know what your bracket looks like so please explain how I copied anything.
Sorry, I should clarify you used the idea I had.

I got tired of waiting and I made MY own bracket with MY OWN ability.
Thats great, take action on it and make it your own. I applaud you.

I find it amazing that as soon as I post my pics of my done retro W/ HID you come in here and try to peddle your goods like some savior when I was asking for the bracket months ago. Impeccable timing.
Timing is everything. Schools out. Spring Zing is over. Time has free'ed itself up and with your pictures I was reminded that now would be a good time. Im not a savior, just a guy trying to make some money on the side.

To add to this you use MY cutoff pic to try to peddle your goods. You use that pic to say "Your output will look like the following picture if you pick the 90mm projector and opt for the flat cut off shield I designed"...EXCUSE ME??? but that pic is of my car, my setup, and the cutoff shield I produced.
I apologize for that. I didnt think you would mind me posting up a nice output shot of a nice foglight set-up. You used the same projector as me, and 6 months ago I designed a flat cutoff sheild (so I can say I designed it... because I did) there are only so many ways to make a straight line.

There are MANY retro-fitters out there, don't think your "skill" is all that special.
My skill is special, not the only person that can do it but ive spent the time to learn. I spent hours cutting open headlights, researching forums, doing realtime R&D. All while you were PM'ing me asking me to give you info. Im sorry if I didnt hand it out willingly. Where is your retrofit? Id like to see if you have any special skill. and as a side note... this isnt retrofitting, since you didnt put anything into an old housing. etc. blah blah.

Your method of how you handled the whole situation about the bracket is what prompted me to make MY OWN setup. As far as making $ on it...that was never MY intention.
Sorry, Ill drop school next time and rush design on the fog bracket so you can get it quicker next time! And if you werent planning on making any money on it, then why post your own group buy!? 3 hours after I posted mine no-less, seems like
teamSVTour said:
Impeccable timing.
to me.

You can feel free to respond here, ill have to read it at 8 o'clock tonight... Ive got to get back to work.

And to those interested, im working out a way to bring the price down and offer HID as a low cost upgrade.

My question is about durability. I had a proburner bust after having it for 2 days. How tough are these len's?

I will try to keep it short and sweet and I'm not going to say much here as this will be my last post in this thread since your reply was mostly you apologizing for either how you said something wrong, did something wrong, made false accusations etc. but I will comment on this:

Did you ask for permission to use my pics to make yourself a profit? Didn't think so.

I designed a flat cutoff shield (so I can say I designed it... because I did) there are only so many ways to make a straight line.

Where are you coming up w/ the idea that "you designed the flat cutoff shield"? You obviously didn't design the one in the pic you are using b/c that is my pic of the cutoff shield that Imade. And you obviously did not come up w/ the idea of a flat cutoff shield b/c there are many brands of fog projectors that come from the factory with flat cutoff's i.e Blazer fogs (not from a Chevy Blazer but the brand Blazer, and some Hella's come w/ the flat cutoff such as the ones I had for sale not to long ago here, etc.) that have been in production for years.

My skill is special, not the only person that can do it but ive spent the time to learn. I spent hours cutting open headlights, researching forums, doing realtime R&D. All while you were PM'ing me asking me to give you info. I'm sorry if I didn't hand it out willingly.

If your skill is so special why are retro-fitters a dime a dozen on HIDplanet? You never gave me any detailed info about any retro-ing and you sure didn't offer me your products. That is why I made my own. And to be blatantly honest, its not hard, just time consuming. You say you spent the hours researching forums and real time R&D...then why is it that your join date on HIDplanet is 16 Jul 2006 while mine join date is 24 Nov 2005. What do you think I was doing all that time???

Sorry, Ill drop school next time and rush design on the fog bracket so you can get it quicker next time! And if you weren't planning on making any money on it, then why post your own group buy!? 3 hours after I posted mine no-less, seems like to me.

rush design? You claimed the design was done when I spoke to you many times about buying one and you were "testing" it. Well months go by and I hear nothing from you about trying to sell me a bracket all while I see another car or two sporting the projector fogs. This forum is like H.S, word gets around fast. It's as if you wanted the mod all to yourself or only your select few of ppl to have it, well b.s., everyone who wants it should be entitled to it if they want it and have the $ for it.

The point here is you posted your GB immediately after I posted my pics b/c you didn't want your window of opportunity to make a profit to close and me beat you to the punch. The way you handled the bracket situation was unprofessional and then your posting of your GB right after my pics was again unprofessional. And I'm not about to see you make a profit at my expense.

As far as making $, have I ever came on here plugging my products and charging exorbinant prices for my goods like some others on here? Didn't think so. Everything I have sold (my classified ad's) have been fair prices. I'm not here to nickel and dime ppl. This is a car forum who share a common interest and I would like to add to that where I can.[/quote]

How about less horse poopoo and more money???? Im in it depending on the Durability on the lense and how it mounts.

- Amyn 0532

actually foget it ill make my own if you two are going to ***** and moan about crap like this how bout u settle it in pms. i dont want to hear about it

Did you donate brackets to Sping Zing? Pudmunkie did which seems to be way before you posted anything about your projector fog light crap.

Unprofessional is you posting the same group buy after Pudmunkie did. Granted i don't think he should have used your cut off pic, but be still beat you to the projector fog light issue by years. And obviously to the Group buy thread as well.

Last edited:
My question is about durability. I had a proburner bust after having it for 2 days. How tough are these len's?

I own the first production set (which are HID equipped) Alex made of these and I'm very pleased with them. They are VERY durable, light years better in quality than the pro burners. The glass is much thicker. I'll post pics ASAP.

Last edited:
That would be great because if Im going to drop some cash on these I want to make sure they are going to last and not have to worry so much about a rock hitting and smashing the glass again.

That would be great because if Im going to drop some cash on these I want to make sure they are going to last and not have to worry so much about a rock hitting and smashing the glass again.

Bill you have to drive your car first to worry about something happening to the lights :D.. And damn you stop modding your car I can't keep up :crazy:.

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back