• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 07 Gingerman Raceway Video

Just a FYI todras has Baer 13" with the SVT warmonger rears.

Steeda has stock with duralast pads :)

First, as much as I hate to say this, I agree w/ todras . . . R compound tires will make a bigger difference than brakes.

Second, I'm still watching the video, but so far it appears steeda is a chronic premature apexer . . . and that todras often has trouble apexing at all, lol.

Still haven't seen the spin yet though, accidentally skipped over it the first time through, so I have to go watch it again.

Second, I'm still watching the video, but so far it appears steeda is a chronic premature apexer . . . and that todras often has trouble apexing at all, lol.
Steeda didn't seem too bad, but Todd looked like he was playin it safe :laugh:

Those that do not come to SZ or even go to a track have no right to post here. ;)

Last edited:
drama.gif

Correct. Since you could see me for 1/2 a lap I don't see how I can be judged. Was not playing anything safe. Was on the edge of my tire grip as much as possible.

Those that do not come to SZ or even go to a track have no right to post here. ;)

Well, I couldn't come to SZ because I was at Laguna Seca working a professional sports car race . . . is that ok? I could post some of the in-car video from that race if you really want me to.

Correct. Since you could see me for 1/2 a lap I don't see how I can be judged. Was not playing anything safe. Was on the edge of my tire grip as much as possible.

My comments stem from the fact that for the time the camera could clearly see your line, you rarely got within 10 feet of any curbing . . . that's all I'm saying.

The bottom line is that both of you could have been considerably quicker with changes in the lines you were running. Heck, I'm no god of the racetrack (otherwise I'd actually be a paid driver on my team, lol) but I do have a decent bit of knowledge about how it all works . . . And for the record, I'm pretty sure Worldtour would clean my clock in a comparable car at G-man.

Ran around 1:52 and Mark in a non F/I car ran 1:50 with an arse load more experience than I. FYI none of us are great. Lets be honest. I by no means suck as bad as some though.

Maybe you guys could have been alittle more aggresive but at the same time who cares. The purpose is to have fun and at least you guys had the opportunity to do so. I can't say yet that I've had my car on a track but it certainly looks like a hell of a good time. My only fear is the video title would be "Buckshot part duece"!

No. I think Rick's was caused by an odd dip in a go kart track coupled with Koni's and GC's. Very very very rare thing. Gman is one of the safest tracks in the country. Only one corner where I can see someone munching into a wall and that would take a truck load of inexperience and too powerful of a car.

Back