• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The secret's out... (56k WILL DIE)

Oops. Like CEGers are going to buy a high dollar wheel anyways. LOL! F you're lucky there was one. Was late getting to the banquet because I had to drive all the way across town to print it off on a color printer.:mad: Thanks though.:laugh:

That's like questioning focus wheels on a contour, or any mustang wheel on a ranger, vett wheels on a camaro, rx-8 wheels on a MS6, not sure what the big deal is, it's not like i'm calling my truck a Saleen or a Cobra.

I disagree and I personally would question all those above examples but to each his own. I just think it looks silly when/if someone uses a totally different car manufacturer/model wheel on their car. Never been a fan of Focus wheels on a Tour and would never be a fan of any of your examples but I think it takes the cake when you use car wheels on a truck :confused:. That's the first thing I noticed before anything was the wheels. Just doesn't look right.

The work you put into it looks great and top notch. It's definitely a head turner. Its just the wheels. IMO if you got yourself some more aggressive truck wheels it would look that much better.

Last edited:
I disagree and I personally would question all those above examples but to each his own. I just think it looks silly when/if someone uses a totally different car manufacturer/model wheel on their car. Never been a fan of Focus wheels on a Tour and would never be a fan of any of your examples but I think it takes the cake when you use car wheels on a truck :confused:. That's the first thing I noticed before anything was the wheels. Just doesn't look right.

The work you put into it looks great and top notch. It's definitely a head turner. Its just the wheels. IMO if you got yourself some more aggressive truck wheels it would look that much better.

well to each their own, but i like them, i've had plenty of compliments on them, and right now there's not much out there that i'd like to get. to find any decent wheel for a ranger you have to look at mustang wheels, at least that's what seems to be the case. stock, replica, or aftermarket, because only stupid ass wheels show up for rangers, like gaudy 20" things, spinners, small wheels for off-roading, and other gaudy/useless trash

i remember back when people started putting Probe wheels on Toyota trucks, looked badass!

sorry for the hassle tod, thanks for getting it done. with that discount, TF wheels can become suddenly affordable......especially in 17"..... muuuch cheaper than my 17" momos that i bought way back in the day.

Alex,

Ever consider a painted to match solid flat cap for the bed? The ones I'm thinking about are only a few inches high and have pistons that allow you to raise and lower. It basically just covers what would be inside the bed. That may really seal the deal. I've seen a few highly modified pickups w/ that and it makes for a really clean/smooth look. Allows you to hide what you have and then at the shows lift it up to show the goods inside whether it be a system, bags, etc.

EDIT: Heres what I'm talking about. This is my buddies ranger. Notice the "truck" wheels :)

truck1.jpg

Last edited:
truck looks great.... love the wheels.

and how does svt4svt manage to promote his business in nearly every thread he posts in?? :laugh: :laugh:

Most people don't notice or care if the wheels came with a particular car. They only notice what looks good or bad. Where the wheels MAY have come from is a secondary consideration. ST200 wheels were not made for my Contour or Mystique, but both look very cool.

The FSVT and E1 wheels are VERY similar. I don't understand why you would think it's silly. Only really noticable difference is the extra 1" diameter... and that looks GOOD on a Contour.

don't mean to threadjack this wheel thread, but the truck looks really good...very nice color choice. got any action footage?

Definitely my kind of ride.:cool:

that's because you're a fellow beaner.

everyone cringed when you smacked the bumper ont he ground making it hop

****'ll buff out, as i say, if you're gunna scratch, scratch it while having fun. plus that lower valance is plastic so i don't care much, i didn't even mask it off for the trip home haha

Thanks for all the great comments guys.

I've thought about a toneau, maybe later, but that's not on the list, i actually had one, then sold it.

as far as my wheels go, they're round, they look good, and they fit. That's all i care about.

as far as my wheels go, they're round, they look good, and they fit. That's all i care about.

I love the rims!!!

Heck i had 1995 cobra r wheels on my 302 ranger.

Ford motorsport cobra R wheels went on a ford ranger.

Ford mustang was used for the saleen mustang, the wheels where put on a ford ranger. Whats the problem:shrug:

They look great on that truck.

also... I hated that front bumber sag. I could never get it to stay up.

It was designed to slide like that when you would hit anything. Oh well it even sagged by it self over time.

Last edited:
Back