• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

svt# 0001

99csvtoledo

CEG'er
where is this ...id asume if anyone has it they would be on sum forum?

also whut was the MSRP for a svt when it was off the showroom floor brand new?

How many crash tests did they do with these? I know of #9 is still alive. So obviously it has to be under that.

I remember a guy on here had number 6 and number 7,8 or 10 also frequented the boards. number 6 is dead now I believe :(

Just for you, I pulled my window sticker out of the file.

MSRP on mine was $23,210.00. It is #240 for 1998, built on 4/15/97, making it an E0. That included the optional CD player ($140.00) and the non optional California Emissions System ($170.00). It did not include the optional moonroof (I didn't want one).

Why do you say that?

spdsk8r has or had #0006 '98 CSVT T-red, but this member hasn't been active lately.

Yeah I know... Last I remember either someone ran into him or the other way around or his motor blew... I forget what happened...

He was involved in an accident but I don't believe the car was totalled. Was only a bumper-basher or something like that.

How many crash tests did they do with these? I know of #9 is still alive. So obviously it has to be under that.

NHTSA requires "a few" vehicles to be submitted for crash testing. To me, that sounds like at least 3 or 4, which is consistent with the #0001-#0005 being crash tested.

...or #0001 is in a museum somewhere, and they crash tested the other 4... :shrug:

Also, the 2nd generation Contour body style was introduced on the SVT in late 1996 (as a 98 model) when they were still turning out the pre98 models. The first few SVT builds may have been the vehicles Ford submitted for crash testing to cover ALL 2nd gen Contours...

I remember reading that SVT retained #1 and is in either a ford museum or locked up. That was a very long time ago that I read that on here.

Why don't we just call up John Coletti and ask him. If he doesn't answer, we grab him by the ear and twist it.

Back