• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Painted calipers

toursvt

CEG'er
Hey folks! I finally decided to paint my calipers last night. Went with black with a red SVT logo. Whatcha think?

Front
53yopxd.jpg

4l76wer.jpg

Back
68bjajc.jpg

6b8s0pf.jpg

At least it looks better than rust orange! :D

pwned!!1

DSCF1959.jpg

j/k, looks much better. mine never rusted...but i left my FSVT fronts unpainted cause they were a nice "gold" color when i got them. and they turned the most ugly color of gray in only a few months.

is that logo painted or vinyl??

get some clear coat on that, it will bring out the blackness, I use to have them on my svt..they got dirty though :blackeye:

I'm also interested in how the logo was put on. It looks VERY clean. Wouldn't a clear coat have problems with the heat? I thought that caliper paint was a special high-temp paint.

btw... what's wrong with cross drilled rotors?

Here are some pics with the wheels on. I think it turned out pretty darn well. Thanks for the compliments!

4vimhkl.jpg

6c5hcw6.jpg

6bnd0zc.jpg

^If you look close, you can see some of my hairy man leg (no not that leg!) in the chrome center caps! You're welcome!

Hey, just noticed where you're from. Which Tour rolling around town is yours? Any pics of the whole car?

I'm the T-red lowered with ST200 Wheels below. You? :D

4rayfcw.jpg

4q75tsg.jpg

I'm also interested in how the logo was put on. It looks VERY clean. Wouldn't a clear coat have problems with the heat? I thought that caliper paint was a special high-temp paint.

btw... what's wrong with cross drilled rotors?

Looks good...what did you use for the SVT logo and where did you get it?

SVT logo is a vinyl I got on ebay, black paint is from the Duplicolor kit, and I clear coated after with high temp engine enamel. I would like to get some zinc coated rotors sooner or later. :D

Looking forward to spring zing, I'll finally get to meet some of you!

One suggestion

One suggestion

While you were in there you should've painted the rotors hat to finish off the look and cover up that rust. What I did was take a piece of cardboard and cut out a close enough circle, place it over the hat and spray it. BTW the car looks great and I assume you'll be at SZ next weekend:shrug:

Back