• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Follow up on new exhaust

Um, last time I checked, just because a car company doesn't make something for your car, that doesn't mean they suck. Yeah I'm sure "flow characteristics" and CFM outputs are all of what makes an exhaust good for perfomance.. but if you want max performance then why not just run test pipes? Most people purchase an exhaust for sound as well, and in that case.. you can't beat Brabus, Tubi, Borla, etc. Sorry if I didn't put links and figures to "back up" my claims, didn't think I would have to. I didn't think you would be so offended because I mentioned a brand name that's not Ford Contour exclusive..

And if you have a problem with me mentioning a brand that doesn't make aftermarket parts for Ford Contours, then you have a problem, and you're the tool. Get out much? Obviously not. There are more cars in the world than Ford Contours, Mystiques and Cougars.. believe it or not.

Next time I make a statement, don't be so offended. Don't take it personal, I'm not insulting you.

So your saying something is best based on opinion. And you know this how? From all the cars you own that run Tubi, Brabus and Borla exhaust systems?

I'm guessing you went online to streetfire and watched some videos of a Ferrari 355 with tubi and exclaimed it was now the best exhaust in the world.

Seriously, if your trying to post something that has ANY relevence to the thread in which you posted in, try keeping within the boundaries of the car in question. It might help you look like less of an idiot.

So your saying something is best based on opinion. And you know this how? From all the cars you own that run Tubi, Brabus and Borla exhaust systems?

I'm guessing you went online to streetfire and watched some videos of a Ferrari 355 with tubi and exclaimed it was now the best exhaust in the world.

Seriously, if your trying to post something that has ANY relevence to the thread in which you posted in, try keeping within the boundaries of the car in question. It might help you look like less of an idiot.

Okay. Maybe up in canada people are dirt poor and can't afford nice cars. Yet, here being between Mass and New York and Connecticut where people have money and buy nice cars, I've seen and heard a great deal of Ferraris, Mercedes, BMWs and Lamborghinis running Brabus and Tubi (to clarify, on the Ferrari) exhaust systems.

You act like it's impossible for me to have any idea of what a good exhaust sounds like. There's 3 thousand dollar exhaust systems made by these companys for NSX's (a 30 thousand dollar car now). It's not really a big deal. As if I never see these "100k+" cars, or been in one. Sorry buddy, the earth has a lot of land mass and there's places where people do own these cars and drive them often. A good friend of mine has 17 cars, lives in a 4 million dollar house and thinks nothing of it.

Also, I believe we were referring to an exhaust system, not necessarily to a 'car in question'. Thanks for continuing to sound like a mindless, ford-fanboy, tool.

I'm glad I don't have to resort to calling you an 'idiot' considering your statements alone prove so. Only someone who takes thing a little too personally, has nothing better to do, or just enjoys stirring up arguments would have engaged in a discussion on "which exhaust system is the best in the world".

You might as well just keep hitting the refresh button to see my replies and try to come up with a counter-point, since obviously I can't prove to you I'm not an 'idiot'. :cry:

I'm glad I don't have to resort to calling you an 'idiot' considering your statements alone prove so. Only someone who takes thing a little too personally, has nothing better to do, or just enjoys stirring up arguments would have engaged in a discussion on "which exhaust system is the best in the world".

You might as well just keep hitting the refresh button to see my replies and try to come up with a counter-point, since obviously I can't prove to you I'm not an 'idiot'. :cry:

dang yankee
did i say that outloud
hahaha aahh

I lost the whole point of this thread??..:help:

This thread was about a man who chosse to install borla mufflers on his contour.

I like borla for its quality and sound. Great sound if you ask me. I guess i am old and am sick of the loud exhaust as a daily driver.

I think, i like my headers and msds y-pipe sound.
Draws no attention,and when anything goes down i tell people its all stock :)

so...

so...

So Harrrry, do you have Borla mufflers, or just the headers and Y pipe. Sorry it wasn't clear to me from your post. Thanks!

Back