• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My new 1998 E0 SVT-C, got if through CEG!!

WantaSVT

CEG'er
I just wanted everyone to know I got my SVT from Bruse Wayne of CEG, I saw it, emailed him, went To FLA and got it 4 days later. Paid $3900 sound like much? It is in good condition the interior is so clean it really makes little sense, the exterior is good to but it has been in a fender bender at least, by lookin at the gaps, and fenderwell trim. It has a lil exhaust leak dont know wher(what shop can tell me wher it is, besides ford), there is NO check engin light though ;) Needs struts, and tires BAD, the sunroof shade has no fabric, a real eye sore. Rear bumber is cracked on one side, the blower motor resistor is fried, and theres no heat(are they connected). And the battery light flashed on when I really got on it hard to 6900 a couple days ago, whats that about?

Welcome.. Check out the troubleshooting forum, search under there (using the "search" link on top) for keywords to problems you are having like "battery light" or blower resistor, etc)

Also, check out the Duratec Maintenance forum, and read the three threads that are "pinned" at the top of that forum for more help than you can shake a stick at!

(PS.. I will give you a head start..

Your battery light is likely your alternator getting oulder and the brushes are floating at high rpm.. the solution will end up being that you are going to replace your alternator soon.

Blower motor resistor has a recall (recall 99M03, IIRC? I know that IS a recall number, but not sure if its the blower recall or not, lol)

As far as no heat, what do you mean? No physical heat out of the vents, or no heat on the temp gauge?

If you are referring to the vents, then that would be because of the blower resistor (it causes no functions unless on "HIGH".. all other speeds are inoperable.) If the absence of heat is ever accompanied by an increase in coolant temperature, your waterpump went out (not that this is your problem, just spreading the info to you)

Could also be the switch (was on my sister's car). Lack of heat (when not overheating from failed waterpump could be temperature blend door stuck, or even heater core water hoses not hooked up (Sometimes done in the south when core leaks).

The vac connections at the back of the AC controls sometimes come unplugged. It seems to be rare, but it has happened once or twice since I joined CEG. That would prevent switching over between A/C and heat.

The vac connections at the back of the AC controls sometimes come unplugged. It seems to be rare, but it has happened once or twice since I joined CEG. That would prevent switching over between A/C and heat.
Checked that the were fine, I ordered the BMR today with the harness, I pop that in tomorrow and see what happens. I really want my heat dont know what else it could be though:shrug:

Another idea

Another idea

Did you check heater core is connected under the hood? I just thought of something else, the temperature knob controls a motor that moves the temp blend door from heat to cool position. I have heard of the motor failing. Does the A/C get less cold as you turn the temperature knob to the right? If it does that motor is OK.

I'll take a look under the hood of my Mystique Wed. Amazingly, it's been a while since I opened it:) Wasn't always that way...

Back