• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

motor mounts

yeah i think they are great. if you dont want to pay the core charge just send pm him and set up a way to send him your mounts. he will fill them and then send them back to you. if your gonna do that i would get a second set of mounts from the junkyard and send him those so you can still drive your car while hes working on them.

are there any polyurathane motor mounts out there to upgrade my SVTs? and alos whos sells them if there are?
Note that if you want the regular "feel", you should stick to OEM parts. The "Polyurethanes" have been reported to give a little more vibration. Better performance but harsher ride.

Or, you can fill them with 80A shore poly, less NVH than 90A shore, but with all the benefits (ie. no wheel hop). The ride is not that harsh, and after a few days, you'll forget all about it. You'll get used to the vibrations (which only occur at an idle) quickly.
Nathan

I read a post about drilling some holes in the 94A poly filled roll resister. It reduces the NVH by some margins.

For me, I found the 94A poly filled rear roll resister is a little bit too harsh. I got console/instrument cluster rattle when the RPM is between 3000 - 3200 RPM. It's really loud. The vibration part is not that bad, but the rattle sound is really unpleasant. It doesn't matter if in 3, 4 or 5th gear. It's the same. I think somewhere around 2200 RPM also is noisy.

I probably will try to drill the resister too to lower the hardness a little. My source (FastCougar) told me he can do a 60A filled one. I just haven't decided if that's what I want.

Will a DMD help to dampen out the vibration at a certain range of RPM (3000-3200 for me)? Because that's exactly my engine's sweet spot -- 65MPH -- which I normally travel on. :help:

For me, I found the 94A poly filled rear roll resister is a little bit too harsh. I got console/instrument cluster rattle when the RPM is between 3000 - 3200 RPM. It's really loud.

It's your stearing column covers rattling agains eachothr, tighten them up or addsome foam rubber under each one and all will be well. I've experienced this on several cars including my own, all is quiet now. Give it a shot.

~Josh

It's your stearing column covers rattling agains eachothr, tighten them up or addsome foam rubber under each one and all will be well. I've experienced this on several cars including my own, all is quiet now. Give it a shot.

~Josh

+1

Glad my car wasn't the only one. The only rattling I got from the mounts was the column covers. I took some carpet padding from some old carpet in my house that we ripped up. Worked perfectly.

Anyone considering this mod, I highly recommend it. PRT quality is awesome and it really keeps wheel hop to a min.

Thanks both Josh and Tony. I think I am gonna try that first.

Tony, any chance you have some pictures that we can follow?

Thanks

~Rick

Thanks both Josh and Tony. I think I am gonna try that first.

Tony, any chance you have some pictures that we can follow?

Thanks

~Rick

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures. I meant to but forgot about it.

I cut the padding to the shape of the top cover. The bottom on mine never needed it. Dont use padding that is too thick, or let the padding come forward towards the steering wheel too much. That while cause the cover to push too high upward and look like the plastic isn't installed right. You need just the right thickness to keep the covers flush against each other where they meet up.

And BTW, I am running a DMD. It seems like the members on here that installed the poly roll resistors, didn't like them and removed them all seemed to be running stock crank pulleys. Vibration inside my car is only slightly greater than stock. I had some CEGers in my car a couple weekends ago and nobody mentioned it being rough.

Last edited:
Back