• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVT#5959 got in an accident today

God damn son! Atleast you're alright, and that's all your should be worried about. A car can be replaced...you can't. Glad to see your baby did what she was supposed to do in the event of an accident. If they do total it on you, I'm sure you can find another CSVT in the classifieds for a really good deal.

Best of luck to you.

Frame damage or not, that car will almost certainly be damaged. If you saw the damage of Scott's car when he got hit by the drunk driver, it was nothing near that bad. Had to replace the quarter panel, rear door, and rear control arm. That was nearly a $3000 job after all said and done. Looks like you've got a quarter panel, door, bumper, trunk(possibly), and possibly some suspension and frame work.

Sorry to hear about the loss, but cars are replaceable.

Mark

Damn! The thing has no back end! That's a total for sure. If it wasn't I wouldn't want it back. Blinker the wrong way? WTF? Needs a better excuse than that. Like being on drugs.

Sorry man, glad you are ok.

Its too bad, but the car is a gonner, just buy it back like some of the other guys said. The engine is still mint and a lot of people want that.

Good Luck,
Dan

The car will be a total loss, of that i can guarantee you. It's sad to see another SVT off the road, especially a black one.

Get yourself a lawer and get what you can out of his insurance company for damages/pain and sufferng and all that other jazz.

~Josh

Thats a total. they are going to have to section the entire left rear quarter up past the dog ear. New trunk lid, trunk pan. rear suspension work, frame work... The sad thing is the cost of the SVT rear bumper is right around $1000 just for the bumper, no paint or prep included. My guess is your looking about a $4500-5200 repair and thats without even seeing the passenger side. Like its been said, cars can be replaced, people can't.

Last edited:
OH MAN! I'm sorry to hear that ben. If you can repair it go for it.
tho.. It doesn't look good :(

at least your alright.. I think i would have gone crazy and killed that kid. :p

Last edited:
I think i would have gone crazy and killed that kid. :p

i kno whats funny...i was gonna go knock that kid out until i realized that it knew him...im just hoping that i can get ehough atleast what i paid for the car back.

i went to the collision shop today and got a quote and found out that it most likely is a total loss. if so, im sorry to say that i dont think i will be getting another CSVT unless something changes my mind.

it just feels ****ty to replace such a great car so soon with the same thing...if something changes, ill let you all know and i will let u kno what the final word is on the status of the car. nothing is final yet, but its not looking as good as i hoped.

_Ben

Sucks.

Kid sounds like a jackass.

Sheesh I've put my car right into oncoming traffic before to avoid hitting possums. He can at least slam on his brakes :nonono:

im sorry to say that i dont think i will be getting another CSVT unless something changes my mind.

_Ben

Ben, you loved that car! How could you not want another one!??!?!... you can maybe even get a better one! Your insurance company should give you a good chunk of change for it, plus, you NEED to buy it back... otherwise, I will give you the money to buy it back for me! I can give you a portion of the profits from parting it out too! Do not let that thing go. I bought my SVT back when it was totalled for $400! You can make that back eeeeassy.

Reebs

dont give up hope. go get some quotes for the repairs. My CSVT was totalled and look at it now. you could never tell.

P1010114RMedium.jpg

Edit: and there are no noises or rattles (more than expected in a 7 year old car) and it drives perfectly. the back end was smashed in, the whole side was scraped and the front end was hit.

Last edited:
thanks a lot everyone for all the advice...i would love to keep the car and get it fixed if i can...Guitarman and Reebs...i would love to talk to both of you...please IM me or PM me and we can talk...
thanks

I'm sorry about your car. :cry:
Hope you are OK.

I can tell you this, I have personally seen Ryan's (Guitarman) car and it looks damn good. If he hadn't told me that it was totaled, I would not have known. Whoever fixed it did a very good job.

sorry about the car... Make sure you buy your car back, your insurance company should give you the option..

we had a really nasty hail storm here in August - I own 2 CSVT's and one unfortunately got totalled due to almost 4K in paintless dent repair.. State Farm offered the car back to me for $645.00 and cut me a check for the remainder.

Once you part the car you probaly will come out ahead - not sure if you can go the option of repairing it yourself and still driving it though from the looks of those pictures.

so sad :(

Back