• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

June 2007 Muscle Mustang features Spring Zing

Bought my copy today at Barnes & Nobles! I think I paid a little over $5.

Mark

I finally drove about 25 mins away to a Barnes and Noble and picked up their remaining 2 copies. Heres the scans for everyone.

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0005.jpg

Wow, I made it into a magazine. Not that you can really tell its me from the back view but I am on this page -

scan0005.jpg

bottom right in the white shirt

this is pretty cool. i bought 3 copies when i finally saw them on the newsstand.

Bought one at books a million, they had plenty. Had to stop into advance auto and they had them too. Weird how some of ya'll can't find it.

Watch for the August issue to be filled with "Letters to the Editor" threatening horrible death for putting a FWD non-V8-Mustang in the magazine. It happened a couple years ago with a 400hp V6 'Stang, I thought the editor was gonna have to go into the Witness Protection Program because the V8-Mustang fanboys threw a huge fit over that "riced out POS" being put in the mag. I remember the video of one of the turbo'd CSVT's on Streetfire, the Mustang fanboys were sooooo upset that a Contour was making over 400hp and was faster than their 'Stangs. They were in denial, accusing him of overrating the power (someone said "Its got MAYBE 250 at the wheels, not 400!")

No offense to anyone, I certainly love the fact that the Contours got some recognition from a major mag, but these mags are dominated by the V8 Mustang fanboys, and they will never hear the end of it if they had a Contour as a "featured car". Worth a shot, but I'm not holding my breath.

Watch for the August issue to be filled with "Letters to the Editor" threatening horrible death for putting a FWD non-V8-Mustang in the magazine.

Surprisingly, Jim Campisano, the editor who I was originally in contact with about this article over a year ago, said readers actually request for cars other than Mustangs. Id say if anything, people will be writing in and complaining about the rwhp numbers. That was a typo on their part, not mine. :troutslap:

I could only dream of a RWD tour.... mmmmm All the local bookstores do not have MMFF and I would have to drive 45 minutes to get one... oh well

No problem guys. Thanks for making SZ 05 and 06 a good one!

I honestly didnt know he was going to use pretty much verbatim what I wrote for the article. I basically just layed the ground work and I thought he would expand or spruce it up a little bit. If I would have known, I probably would have made it a little longer.

Back