• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Front License Plate Mount

ABCarr

CEG'er
I've had the front plate and it's mounting "pedestal" knocked from the front bumper of my '98 SVT (due to a small... ahem...incident). I see that it mounts to the bumper via 3 plugs or inserts. The pedestal itself (and the front plate) is somewhat messed up, so I may need to go parts hunting at a wreckers, or buy new I guess. Question...can these plugs/inserts be purchased separately, or would they be included with the new pedestal?

jus fill in the 3 holes and put ur plate with tags on the lower mesh that wat i did makes the car look so much better and lower lol mine was almost touchin the ground

My car has never had a plate on it. It has 2 tiny hole where it would go, but I'm not going to ruin my bumper putting it on. The local police have better things to do then pull over people because they dont have a front plate. They pull you over from behind right? so why have a plate on the front... I'm sure I will get a ticket for my tint well before the front plate.

My car has never had a plate on it. It has 2 tiny hole where it would go, but I'm not going to ruin my bumper putting it on. The local police have better things to do then pull over people because they dont have a front plate. They pull you over from behind right? so why have a plate on the front... I'm sure I will get a ticket for my tint well before the front plate.

Don't be so sure of that. I had removed my front plate to paint the frame and I got pulled over and given a ticket for not having two plates. I was not doing anything else wrong for him to pull me over. I had to put the plate back on in 72 hours and go to the police station to show them that it was back on and they then destroyed the ticket.

They DO pull people over all the time for not having two plates. I know of others who have had the same problem.

Well, in Central MN they dont give a crap.. Most of the CSVT's here dont have front lisence plates and I do believe none of them have had any troubles with it...

I actually didn't notice that you guys are in Canada - like 6hrs away - but we have the same laws regarding liscence plates on the front of cars. Most cops are looking for speeding people and dangerous drivers, not a minor issue of a missing liscence plate.

I still don't have a front plate mount on my SVT. It looks so good without it that I've been putting it off...

I drive by cops all the time and haven't had a problem. That may because we have so many Quebec drivers in Ottawa.

I have a brand new one, that I bought for my last SVT but never used it, it's still in the package. PM me if you like.

Back