• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

coating headers question

I am going to buy the msds headers. I wanted to know how effective it is to have them ceramic coated. Marty wants 175 for the extreme coating now. Living in ohio would the uncoated headers last a year like Marty had just told me over the phone?

All you want them to last is a year? Why not just get them coated? I went with the Extreme coating, and am very happy I did. Everytime I'm under the car to change the oil, those headers still look almost brand new.

Mark

thanks for the post! It just stinks that the headers are 200.00 for the set and 175 for the extreme coating. Figure in shipping and its 400 for the set of coated headers. Headers would be bada$$ tho! I think im going to get them coated. I was reading a g/b on the msds headers when the "grassroots" sale just started and some people felt that you didnt need to worry about corrosion. Another ceger pointed out that you are going to make a off road use only header stand out! Thank you for your response!

then hit them with some high temp black paint after they are coated ....with how tight the engine bay is you should never notice ...

I bought the MSDS headers uncoated. I didn't feel like paying his price for the coating so took them to a local powdercoating shop and had them ceramic (jet hot or something) coated for just over a hundred. Its something you might want to look into.

Rawburt, how have your headers been holding up with the ceramic coating. I have can powdercoat anything myself for free so this could be good if the coating will hold.

Back