• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WTF Weather?!

Goonz SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Its almost december and its reading close to 70 degrees outside? wtf is going on here!!! Global warming and the fact that the earth hates us :crazy:

Anywho so hows everyone doing?!?

there is no such thing as global warming ...

CEG seems normal for how its been ....

I think sunday was the last day to take the car out before the spring :cry: ... just waiting to put the snow tires on if I need to ...

the green house gas emissions generated by human activities accounts for less than 1/4 of the worldwide emissions of green house gasses. The majority, over 60% comes from rotting biomass mostly comming from forests and other densly vegetated areas. The rest comes from naturally ocurring fires and animals in the form of exhaled air and flatulants.

I was thinking more along the line you can't jsut look at the past 30 years to understand what the temperature of the earth is doing ... you have to look at millions of years ... the temperature change is like a sin curve

sound_wave_history.gif

the temperature changes and has a peak and a low ... the last ice age was the bottom of a cycle and now we are heading to the top ...so yes the planet is warming but it isn't because of "global warming" it because that is what it is naturally doing ... more often that not you have to look at millions of years when referencing to the earth ...

we will have the white stuff for SZ07!!!
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

speaking of farting....does anyone own Ice Age 2?
there is a scene where Scrat (the squirrel) is fighting off pirrahna for his acorn...well, there is an extra on teh dvd where they use different sounds for this scene, like car noises, animal noises, and people noises.
the people noises are mostly farts and burps...its a friggin riot!

Wow, where to begin.

Global Warming. Brapple and JSmith are right, we have been putting out less toxins into the atmosphere than the what would already be going into it.<< I dont think that came out the right way.

My physics teacher was a geologist until he became a teacher and he did research into global warming and the affect that natural phenomenons had on it. When the volcano Krakatoa erupted it put more toxins and polutants into the atmosphere at that one time than all of the emissions and CFC's and crap like that that we have been putting out. I not saying we dont make it worse, b/c we kind of are, but we are not helping either. We have been cutting back on polutants in the last few years.

Anyway, global warming would happen anyway if we were here or not. Like Brapple said, it is a sign wave and its just nature.

Wow, I think i learned something in school.

Anyway, CEG was down for awhile, I got kind of bored, didnt have anyting to do, almost felt alone nad out of touch.

I do like the weather though, but it is a tad bit colder today then they predicted. I like the snow, but not he cold and I dont have my snowboard anymore so basically winter is a relaxing season for me. Can't play lacrosse unless we rent an indoor facility. This winter I will be helping to build our FSAE car staying nice in warm.

The thing I loved the most was when they blamed global warming on the huge hurricane season we had in 2005; Katrina and such.

They said every subsequent season would get worse and worse b/c the ocean is getting warmer and therefore fueling the hurricanes more. Funny thing wiht this is that at the time I was taking a meteorology couse. Learned alot in that too.

Just logically and by probablity we are bound to have something bad happen and something get bigger at some point. Earthquakes, Tornadoes, Hurricanes, and other things not just weather related will inevitably get to the pint where something huge has to happen.

Back on the point of hurricane season. I believe this season we barely had any big hurricanes none the less that even came close to land.

we dont all have to sound educated on the topic.. haroooney just wanted to know how everyone was.. lol

i still say Al Gore can sit on an upside down bar stool

I don't remember the source but I read a study that showed that storms like thunder storms and what not in the U.S. tend to be of a higher intensity when they occur in the middle to the end of the week rather than on the weekends or in the beginning of the week. One of the possible casues is the additional heat in the atmosphere generated by air and ground traffic and other man made sources of heat that are at their peak out put during the week putting more heat into the atmosphere than what would naturally occur. Its this heat wether man made or from the sun warming the earth that is either re-radiated into space or dissipated in the form of storms.

Last edited:
I got my hair cut today and the girl that was cutting it was daaaaamn fiiine! Its hard not to stare at her bum when its like riiight there!! ANND she was my age, unfortunatly no phone numbers were exchanged :( but she did flirt with meh heh

that was the highlight of the day, now i gotta go beat one out to it :)

Yah, about chics, so many at my school. I litterally filled up my phone like the first week. Its awesome.

I love college.

and college women!!

o boy. yea.. college and me.. and girls got me in trouble... dont worry.. i wasn't with desi for that first month or so.. i needed room to grow.. and check things out.. glad i got that out of my system..

i was a late starter..my first year i was still dating a chick from high school.
after i smartened up and got rid of her, i found out that incoming freshwomen and honor students were easy!
hehe

thats when i found out about the many forms of head, like..
Bed head - the head you get while in bed
Hat head - the head you get when she is looking all cute wearing your hat

and my favorite:
Bulk Head - the head you get from the incoming freshman class every year!

oh yeah...and wait until the first warm days of spring...its amazing how many hot scantily clad women come out of the woodwork!

Back