• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

All New Dyno Day info AWD dyno!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, there were issues with the used clutch I bought :blackeye: Normally I'm not one for quick fixes, but I wanted to get it back on the road so I could save up to do everything (TH trans, NEW clutch, etc....) all at once so i bought a used clutch and it looks like the pressure plate is warped. I also have a head gasket leak, which sounds like its worse than it looks. I was also told there are a "few odds and ends" that need to be fixed, which is probably missing parts or worn out parts I guess. I'm just really down about this right now. :cry: I don't even want to go to SZ anymore, but I already paid for the carferry. I wish I would have known Elky would have been stopping by the shop otherwise I would have made the trip down there. Oh well. Amanda wants to bring her T-Bird instead of the SE so she can dyno it, but after a brand new radiator it still leaks a trace of coolant, so idk.

Well I've had the car for a year and only noticed the head gasket leak after storage last winter (not burning oil or coolant really). Josh knows more about these cars than me, but everything I know, I've learned from him. It's apart at his shop as we speak, but PRT hasn't touched the car until a few weeks ago. I might as well do things the right way now. That's how the cookie crumbles.:shrug:

but after a brand new radiator it still leaks a trace of coolant, so idk.

So did my SHO. Lived with it a long time till I read the overflow bottles get a hair line crack that can't be noticed. Finally replaced it and it cured my leak. If it's slow you just need to keep an eye on it.

So did my SHO. Lived with it a long time till I read the overflow bottles get a hair line crack that can't be noticed. Finally replaced it and it cured my leak. If it's slow you just need to keep an eye on it.
I thought that the hairline crack thing was what was going on with the old one, but we replaced it and it still leaks, just not anything major. We may just bring her car anyways, cuz she really wants to dyno it :shrug:

They aren't going to let you on the dyno if its leaking ****.

The dyno's in MI not WI :)

They aren't going to let you on the dyno if its leaking ****.

The dyno's in MI not WI :)
I know that, but it's not bad. I don't know how to explain it better, but it hardly leaks at all. She does have a CEL though, which was for EGR, but we replaced that. It only comes on when she's on the highway pretty much. Anyways, If it weren't for the fact that I already paid for the carferry, I think I would not be making the trip this year. I'm just trying to see if I can still get some enjoyment out of the activities I had wanted to participate in, or had already paid to participate in.

Do you really need a car to enjoy SZ? I think last year was the 1st in a while I had a Contour there. Year before I rode down. Year b4 that I had my SHO. Still had a blast. All about the ppl, all about the ppl.

I know it's about the people, but I got myself all hyped up about putting my SVT on the dyno and putting down some laps at Gingerman and it's all not going to happen now. It just really sucks. Amanda and I are not big drinkers, so the only thing I see us doing really is hanging out in the parking lot every day. :shrug: Gimme a few days to figure ish out. I'm sure I'll be a little syched about SZ again.

I know it's about the people, but I got myself all hyped up about putting my SVT on the dyno and putting down some laps at Gingerman and it's all not going to happen now. It just really sucks. Amanda and I are not big drinkers, so the only thing I see us doing really is hanging out in the parking lot every day. :shrug:

what?! you can't be serious. Way more goes on than just a couple hours of people getting drunk in the parking lot at night. Were you really sleeping that much last year??!

Get hyped up to support your fellow members that are still able to do the dyno and track. Get hyped up to see everyone's ride, and their new mods.
Get excited for the amazing raffles and great banquet.
Don't let your only memory be about a small percentage of the members that make asses of themselves in the hotel parking lot. :eek:

People getting drunk isn't my only memory from last year! :laugh: I got lost on the way to the dyno and ended up halfway across town :crazy: I'll be bringing the SE so I'm gonna be pissed if everybody is doing 100mph and I get left behind :laugh: I'm looking forward to the other stuff at SZ as well. Don't get me wrong, I was just taking it really hard yesterday. I'm now into the recovery process, so all is good. Starting to look forward to SZ again :cool:

good to hear you're on the road to recovery because as soon as I see you, it's swift kick in the junk time!!!
I want you good and healthy for that. ;)

Back