• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gingerman Signup Thread

1. Steeda
2. Starjammir
3. Todras
4. Barge - Rider: Yes (If I'm not trying for good lap times)
5. CSVT#49
6. Livinsvt
7. ZenBoy - Rider: Yes
8. rkneeshaw
9. Cops_got_my_SVT (rider-yes)
10. kremit
11. M!key
12. Frosty and his g/f
13. Loco4G63 - Rider: Yes
14. Kevin I-Dom-In-VIII

1. Steeda
2. Starjammir
3. Todras
5. CSVT#49
6. Livinsvt
8. rkneeshaw
10. kremit
11. M!key
12. Frosty and his g/f
14. Kevin I-Dom-In-VIII
15. Stoobie

information for video

information for video

Here is how I'd like to do video at the track

If i am going to ride with you and take video, please bring one MiniDV tape. This way i can use that tape for only your vehicle, then after I or Chang pull the video onto a computer the tape will then be sent back to you, this way i won't be frustrated searching tape and trying to find who's car is on what part of what tape, and you'll be able to keep your raw footage.

I am going to try and make another type of camera mount in addition to my suction mount.

Here is how I'd like to do video at the track

If i am going to ride with you and take video, please bring one MiniDV tape. This way i can use that tape for only your vehicle, then after I or Chang pull the video onto a computer the tape will then be sent back to you, this way i won't be frustrated searching tape and trying to find who's car is on what part of what tape, and you'll be able to keep your raw footage.

I am going to try and make another type of camera mount in addition to my suction mount.

How about if I just offload the raw data from your DV camera to my laptop and a flash drive? I don't have any lasting use for a DV tape....

Yeah.. I mean as much as I'd like my video... staring at a DV tape isn't gonna make it play in my VCR or DVD player.

You know what you can do with the DV tapes? (Tom Green)You can shove them in your bum!

1. Steeda
2. Starjammir
3. Todras
5. CSVT#49
6. Livinsvt
8. rkneeshaw
10. kremit
11. M!key
12. Frosty and his g/f
14. Kevin I-Dom-In-VIII
15. Stoobie
16. Pole120 - Rider: Yes

Do we have a final price for the track?

Last edited:
1. Steeda
2. Starjammir
3. Todras
5. CSVT#49
6. Livinsvt
8. rkneeshaw
10. kremit
11. M!key
12. Frosty and his g/f
14. Kevin I-Dom-In-VIII
15. Stoobie
16. Pole120 - Rider: Yes
17. fornetti14

http://www.gingermanraceway.com/
From the track web site: $60
"OPEN TRACK, Test and Tune, every Tuesday through Thursday 5:30pm - 8:30 pm, $60 per driver, some Fridays also apply."

Note - In the "detail" section of the Test and Tune it says no passengers. Not sure why it says that because I've taken people out and I saw passengers all the time last year.

Last edited:
I was wondering about passengers....it says no passengers, but yet everybody was talking about having someone along to shoot video? Amanda really would love to ride along and I'd be awfully dissappointed if she couldn't. If it's some outrageous fee or something that would suck also. Either way, could someone please shed some light on this?

I was wondering about passengers....it says no passengers, but yet everybody was talking about having someone along to shoot video? Amanda really would love to ride along and I'd be awfully dissappointed if she couldn't. If it's some outrageous fee or something that would suck also. Either way, could someone please shed some light on this?

yea, now i'm confused as hell.

Good question. Last time I was there was for our SZ meet in ... 02? 03?

I know that we had a couple of ride-alongs then, and I never heard anything negative about it....

Last year when i was there they had no issues with ride-a-longs. So unless they've changed their policy I doubt it will be an issue.

She will need a helmet.:laugh:

Back