• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who has acheived the 200,000 mile mark?

Whoa! You guys sure do have some miles on your tours. I thought I had hi miles on my 97 w/95xxx.

183,500 today I do 100 miles a day all highway. cant wait to hit 200,000 its so fun to drive you have to put miles on her she begs for it...LOL

184000 and still counting

184000 and still counting

My 96 Contour just reached 184000 and still counting!, still runs strong, starts EVERY time every day, and burn no oil. Needs rountine stuff as stated in previous threads due to normal wear and tear from the miles; front shocks, springs, minor body work. I dont even want to think of the day I can't drive the car anymore, I hope it never comes!

Have 186K miles

Have 186K miles

Car has 186,000 miles. So far only failure has been right front wheel bearing and rear pre cat.

I just rolled over 160K in my zetec tour, im shooting for 200K and then we will see what happens from there. I might just sell it to make a couple of bucks towards my next car, or I will buy a fun sports car and use it as a winter beater.

daaayuumn

daaayuumn

Damn! i didnt realise there were that many people with that high milage :eek: (btw, which motor do most these high milage cars have ? the Zetec, or the Duratec?)

When i got my SVT, it had 67,XXX miles on the clock, 9-10 months later i'm only at 71,XXX miles. :eek: (it's a 98')

So I guess that I'am late to the party but we just turned over 200,000 miles last night :cool: But I don't think cpt'n blueberry looks a mile over 50,000:crazy: So how many of the previous cars mentioned are still around and with what mileage:shrug:
100_6181.jpg

100_6183.jpg

I have not had a job that puts 30,000 + miles a year on my car for over four years. I either just hit 250,000 this last week or will in the next few days. Time for another oil change.

this might not be a contour/mystique/cougar, but I turned 279,000 miles on my 1996 Explorer today 4.0 OHV V6!!!!!!!!!!:shocked::laugh:

that sucker is bullet proof, the 4.0 OHV V6, and the 5.0 V8 are the best engines u can get in the 2nd gen explorer, if u paln to go above 300,000 miles+

206,XXX miles on my '95 SE and running strong

im at 240K miles on my 97 zetec. still runs strong and has never let me down.

I just rolled over 160K in my zetec tour, im shooting for 200K and then we will see what happens from there. I might just sell it to make a couple of bucks towards my next car, or I will buy a fun sports car and use it as a winter beater.

These were fun posts to see - blast from the past.

I'm just under 100K, but I just found a Black, non-wrecked csvt in the junkyard yesterday with 221K...wonder what blew on that poor thing...:nonono:

Back