• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good bye 2.5!

JEFF...update...its been 3 days since your last post and im just curious how everything is going?

Things are going pretty well, it is just a waiting game now. I am still waiting on my headers too! Now I am waiting on my stage 3+ clutch and new steel insert for my fidanza flywheel, and a bunch of other little things. Everything should be in next week and I should drop it in on Saturday the 14th. This weekend is too cold anyways! :bah:

Well, tomorrow was the day I planned to drop in my 3L but I am still waiting on one part that I can't do without! :( I guess it won't be until next weekend when I drop in the 3L. :(

The day has finally arrived to drop in the 3L! It is 6:47 am and I am heading out there. :) I have to go finish putting the engine back together, but I hope to be driving by noon!

I'll post some pics, and thanks CEG for all of your help, info, and knowlege. This process has been very painless with all of your help!

Jeff

Wasn't able to get my 3L in last Saturday because the clutch wasn't fitting.... I just found out that Spec sent me the Zetec clutch!!!! :( I feel like this thing will never get done. If it isn't one thing, then it's another.

Rant out.

Jeff

3L is going in as soon as I get the clutch... all other things will be dropped so that I can have my SVT back already!

Thats where im at too. I was going to do a bunch of other stuff.

I need to get the flywheel resurfaced, and im waiting on the transmission

im hoping for early may :p

You'll have to stop out here when its done

Thats where im at too. I was going to do a bunch of other stuff.

I need to get the flywheel resurfaced, and im waiting on the transmission

im hoping for early may :p

You'll have to stop out here when its done

I will defenitly stop by, but I better be stopping by before your done with your 3L to pick up my gauge cluster!!! :)

Dang. So it wasn't the pressure plate.

Well Tom, when I talked to you about the problems I was having I thought that I must be doing something wrong... but then I found out I have the zetec pressure plate. So that is why it wasn't fitting! It still fit on the flyhweel dowels and bolted right up, but it didn't clamp the disc like it was supposed to. I'm glad it didn't fit any better because I could have easily installed the zetec stuff!

Last edited:
Well Tom, when I talked to you about the problems I was having I thought that I must be doing something wrong... but then I found out I have the zetec pressure plate. So that is why it wasn't fitting! It still fit on the flyhweel dowels and bolted right up, but it didn't clamp the disc like it was supposed to. I'm glad it didn't fit any better because I could have easily installed the zetec stuff!

So could this explain some of the early Spec failures?

So could this explain some of the early Spec failures?

I was wondering that... if the clutch disc isn't as snug as it should be between the pressure plate and flywheel, then it seems to me like the clutch would stop clamping after some time even though the clutch disc still has material. Putting the zetec clutch in a duratech can't be good for the longevity of the clutch either way though! :)

On another note... I am at least another week out until I get my clutch. This is just frusterating...

I was wondering that... if the clutch disc isn't as snug as it should be between the pressure plate and flywheel, then it seems to me like the clutch would stop clamping after some time even though the clutch disc still has material. Putting the zetec clutch in a duratech can't be good for the longevity of the clutch either way though! :)

On another note... I am at least another week out until I get my clutch. This is just frusterating...

The Race is on, im scheduling cinco de mayo for my instal.... Now the people of mexico will have something to celebrate, liberation??? Pfffft.

Back