• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Friday alternative for those not doing dyno?

i wouldnt mind getting a tour of HMS.
Does terry have a shop large enough to be worthy of a tour?

He will most likely be coming to us. Don't think he can handle 50 contours at his place. LOL!

Aww man I suck at golf though, you will all kick my ass!

Since when does sucking at golf have anything to do with playing a round and having fun? It will still be early in the season so we'll all be a little rusty. I usually play about bogey golf, maybe a little worse with the rust and the fact I've never seen whatever course we may end up playing.

As for the seminar/chat from Terry, I'm sure I could learn something from it if it was offered but it isn't one of those things that makes me want to say "yay let's do it!". But, if it is on the schedule as the activity of the moment, I'd most likely be there.

Im just stating that I didnt even get out last year. The last time I was out golfing was around 2004 in April with my dad. Ya lol ill have to get in the back yard and hit some balls (I know this is going to get quoted and messed with).

He will most likely be coming to us. Don't think he can handle 50 contours at his place. LOL!
You make it sound like the Contour is a two-seater ...

I'm not driving 13 hours to play some minigolf. Is there some Michigan-specific thing I can act like a douchy tourist at? :) HMS sounds cool too.

Last edited:
Any good Paintball places close by?

Mayhem Sports; indoor air-ball; on 3mile near walker ave., behind Meijer offices. (5 min. West of GR) http://mayhemsportz.com/index.php

TC Paintball; outdoor air-ball; on 100th near US131 in Byron Center, MI (15 min. south of GR., 30 min north of US131 dragway. http://www.tcpaintball.com/gr/index.htm

Hole In The Wall Paintball; Out door various; 66th Street Bangor, MI (5-10 min. from downtown South Haven); website currently down

M40 Painball; indoor pallets, outdoor various; On M40 near Holland, MI; no website

I used to play on a team sponsored by Hole in the Wall, I started playing at M40, I know the owners of Mayhem and have helped run tournaments, and some of my teammates from Hole in the Wall are currently on teams based out of TC; all of the above are good places to play, each one has benefits and drawbacks, I can break them down to the best of my ability if needed.

Last edited:
I'd be up for paintball if they rent guns out. My tippy ain't working right.
I'd also be up for anything involving drinking.
HMS thing might be cool too.

I'm not driving 13 hours to play some minigolf. Is there some Michigan-specific thing I can act like a douchy tourist at? :) HMS sounds cool too.

Yeah but you ARE driving 13 hours to participate in SZ events, so why not just hang out at the dyno? :shrug:

Do the fields have any restrictions on the gun type(semi-auto,full auto).Paintball is dead around here and never can find a field that has enough people to have a FUN game,two on two sucks.

Do the fields have any restrictions on the gun type(semi-auto,full auto).Paintball is dead around here and never can find a field that has enough people to have a FUN game,two on two sucks.

to the best of my knowledge NO insurance will cover a field for accidents or injuries that occur if participants are using full-auto, hence most fields and events prohibit the use of such fire modes. However, about 2 years ago, one of the Pro Leagues (NPPL or PSP, i do not remember which) made the decision to allow limited full auto use since advancements in electropneumatic markers had reach a point where semi-fire markers could actually out perform full auto.

That being said, at this point I am uncertain if restrictions on full-auto have been lessened at the field level or not. If you were to play in the woods/village sections of Hole in the Wall, it is unlikely anyone would care what is used as long as you are not reaching from behind cover and blind firing/stupidly endangering the life and limbs of other participants. The other fields in the area are either tournament style play, or close quarters and it would be required that people attempt to play in a civilized and organized manner which means full-auto is worthless.

If you are going to play paintball, I have all the stuff someone could borrow if they want to. Its a spyder something, but worked awesome for me. I think I have two C02's a mask, a hopper and ****. lemme know if someone wants to borrow it.

How about:

1. Go-karting

2. Driving range (golf, that is)

3. Was Dave & Buster's in Detroit, or was that Kalamazoo? I can't remember.

4. Liquor-induced heckling of less powerful cars at the dyno runs

How about:

1. Go-karting
That would be fun, but i think that's also a plan for sunday

2. Driving range (golf, that is)
No Comment

3. Was Dave & Buster's in Detroit, or was that Kalamazoo? I can't remember.
The D&B's that we have our annual meet at is in Utica if that's what you're thinkng of

4. Liquor-induced heckling of less powerful cars at the dyno runs
Although i wouldn't participate, it would be funny, or everytime horsepower is over 200 the participants take a drink, or find some other way to turn a dyno day into a drinking game

My replies...

My replies...

Good plan ... a bunch of drunk people driving the most powerful cars from the dyno runs.... ;)

I wouldn't mind an extra day of go-karting, but I have fun just hanging out with people at the dyno too. It's a good opportunity to catch up with people, since most everyone is NOT on the dyno at any given time.

Last edited:
Good plan ... a bunch of drunk people driving the most powerful cars from the dyno runs.... ;)

I wouldn't mind an extra day of go-karting, but I have fun just hanging out with people at the dyno too. It's a good opportunity to catch up with people, since most everyone is NOT on the dyno at any given time.

Its MI, you people are made to drink hahaha But i'd be down for more go karting as long as it's not one of those crazy over-priced places. I really wanna find teh track, i THINK it was a Craig's Cruisers that they had a track that was 18+ where they would soap down the track...we can have a DK championship. :laugh:

Back