• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Check out my HID`s

VVME is where I buy all my cheap-o ballasts. I have yet to have any quality issues with them. I do have an issue with their wording on the site. It says something like "power cord and or relay wiring harness". All 4 kits of various 'types' have come with only a power wire, and no such harness.

Kits do ship from mainland china though!!! I need to get my brother to find their local warehouse and pick up a couple sets :cool:

VVME is where I buy all my cheap-o ballasts. I have yet to have any quality issues with them. I do have an issue with their wording on the site. It says something like "power cord and or relay wiring harness". All 4 kits of various 'types' have come with only a power wire, and no such harness.

Kits do ship from mainland china though!!! I need to get my brother to find their local warehouse and pick up a couple sets :cool:

Nice, the power cord sounded like it was a direct adapter for the factory light bulb plug. That way you didn't have to hack off the OEM plug. The relay harness sounded like it was for hacking off the oem harness or running a new switch.

Nice, the power cord sounded like it was a direct adapter for the factory light bulb plug. That way you didn't have to hack off the OEM plug. The relay harness sounded like it was for hacking off the oem harness or running a new switch.

Wrong.

Read the thread I linked, you should NEVER just lop of the end of your old plugs and wire in a ballast. The power cord is to solder into the relay harness that they do not provide.

Wrong.

Read the thread I linked, you should NEVER just lop of the end of your old plugs and wire in a ballast. The power cord is to solder into the relay harness that they do not provide.

I realize what you're saying, my intention was meaning that I figured the OEM plug could hook up to a relay for controlling the ballast power up.... Know what I mean? I figured that they might have made an adapter for the OEM plug that would directly connect to a relay that would in turn be used to power up the Ballast.... I realize that using the OEM plug to power the HID's would be insanely stupid and would cause some serious power/melting problems....

When are your brights ever on long enough to warrant the warm up time for HID's? HID's should not be turned on/off frequently as it can cause problems, but brights are usually turned on and off frequently so it would be a waste of money.
fixed

Plus brights are aimed higher, so they're still useful when driving on long stretches of road.

Nice! I was thinking of doing that. Not to pricy on ebay. I was going to try to get a little closer to white. Not bad.

Back