• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Car

KingpinSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Ill preface with this: I still really like the Ridgeline. I actually had quite a hard time making my decision.

Basically, I went to go drive this again since it was the other vehicle I was seriously considering. My "car guy" instinct got the best of me. Engine mounted the right way, rwd, select 4x4, more HP and TQ, and mod-able (oops!). Overall price was significantly cheaper and so is insurance (vs. the Ridge). Paid $50 over invoice. Purchase took 3 trips: 1 30-40 min trip to test drive and look over (also checked out the xterra again). 1 20 min trip yesterday during my lunch break to get the deal. I showed up with an out of town dealer quote at $500 over invoice and they offered $50 over invoice. Signed & left deposit. Final trip was 30 min of paper signing and copies after work.

Here's to more TQ than HP!

EDIT: Don't mind the dew on the hood. Didnt realize until now that it was there!
NewTruck001.jpg

NewTruck002.jpg

Looks good. But what made you choose nissan over... say ford, gm, dcx?

I'm gonna have to assume size. Colorado is underpowered, Ranger has no crew-cab option, and while I like the Dakota wit hte V8 the Frontier has more style. Tacoma is another choice but they are pricey.

I like it! Great choice and much, much better than the Ridgeline!

Good choice! I also like that much better than the Honda. A black truck is much harder to keep clean than a Black CSVT though :blackeye: ;)

I was torn between the Nissan fullsized truck and my F150. Nissan has a solid and refined drivetrain and is a viable truck. I went with my Ford because of the frame, updated 3V 5.4 and I really love the overall styling with the FX4 package. It was a hard choice though.....

Rawburt said:
Looks good. But what made you choose nissan over... say ford, gm, dcx?

I'm gonna have to assume size. Colorado is underpowered, Ranger has no crew-cab option, and while I like the Dakota wit hte V8 the Frontier has more style. Tacoma is another choice but they are pricey.

I like it! Great choice and much, much better than the Ridgeline!

Because the Jap offerings in the midsize truck category blow away the American ones. Fmr hit some of the highlights:

Colorado is a complete POS, feels cheap, drives cheap, interior function is weak (I sold them, been in plenty. Reviews are more bad than good).

Dakota is one of the ugliest trucks Ive ever seen. Next!

Ranger I would have considered if it had a crew cab and more power (weak engine in this category, I think just over 200hp).

SportTrac- Not really a fan of the looks. Good engine options and seemingly good functionality (wasnt interested cause its not really a looker).

Honda I was inches from pulling the trigger. Great truck. Great interior. OK engine, OK towing.

Tacoma- Ive read mixed long term reviews on this truck. S/O's brother was involved in a fatal accident in one so. . . . . not really an option. Not a big fan on Toyos new interiors either. Funky.

Frontier- Strong engine (261hp 281tq, maybe class leading for v6?), good interior function (though I will say, the interior feels solid, the plastic looks, well, plastic. Honda was much better).

Maybe Im missing something. I dunno.

Great truck though, I love driving it. Soon it will be time to get it dirty ;)

You call that a truck, I call it a kid's toy. A Chevy, GMC, or Ford would walk all over that piece. Like stated before it's a foriegn peice of ****. I can't beleive you would consider that over a quality American truck. Oh I spose like you said though your "car instinct" got the best of you. Next time you're looking for a truck let your "truck instict" get to you instead of the car. Very dissapointed. Can't lie I hate foreign cars, trucks, and SUVs.

saying you hate foreign cars is about as dumb as ricers giggling "Found On Road Dead! teehee!"

If you limit yourself to one brand or continent, you're going to miss out on alot of nice stuff.

You call that a truck, I call it a kid's toy. A Chevy, GMC, or Ford would walk all over that piece. Like stated before it's a foriegn peice of ****. I can't beleive you would consider that over a quality American truck. Oh I spose like you said though your "car instinct" got the best of you. Next time you're looking for a truck let your "truck instict" get to you instead of the car. Very dissapointed. Can't lie I hate foreign cars, trucks, and SUVs.

Ignorant and proud. Congrats!

btw, this was my first truck. Been there, done that. Thanks!
476654_6_full.jpg

You're a nincompoop

Back