• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

99 CSVT vs 06 Civic Si? :)

The Civic can pull off 14.2-14.4 according to a few forums, but Edmunds says 15.1.

Any idea what you run? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The Civic can pull off 14.2-14.4 according to a few forums, but Edmunds says 15.1.

Any idea what you run? :rolleyes:

PuckPuck on NECO had an RSX-S, which (I believe) is the same car as the Civic Si. He took it to the drag strip in bone stock form, and pulled off a 14.7. Of course, this is in Canada, where the laws of physics cease to apply... :crazy:

you wont get beat if you know how to drive at all. If you dont know how to drive, dont be betting any money!

The reason I'm asking is because I used to own an 06 Si. Traded it in after I got rooked on insurance ($400 a month on a civic, with no tickets or wrecks on my insurance) I never ran it at the track and I'm getting a 99 Contour SVT this weekend with full exhaust (headers not installed) and I was wondering how it stands up to it. Remember pulling a Cobalt SS from a 20 punch. Still ahead after 110mph.

No, it was the super charged one. He was a guy I used to hang out with. Btw, I watched a Cobalt SS run at the track a couple of weeks ago when I ran my cougar. He was only running 14.7s

PuckPuck on NECO had an RSX-S, which (I believe) is the same car as the Civic Si. He took it to the drag strip in bone stock form, and pulled off a 14.7. Of course, this is in Canada, where the laws of physics cease to apply... :crazy:

All I want to know is this, Who in the hell told the canadians that the laws of physics do not apply to them! This was a guarded secret for centuries! :laugh:

As for the race, I would venture to say the Si, but not by much. It depends alot on mods and the driver.

I watched a Cobalt SS run at the track a couple of weeks ago when I ran my cougar. He was only running 14.7s
It must have been the non supercharged version.

Kidding.

A lotta those guys must not know how to drive too well.
They're capable of low 14s, some have hit 14.0. So yeah I guess your civic would have pulled on a cobalt ss a bit. And a cobalt ss is about a second quicker in the 1/4 than a svt. And you won't get a second quicker, especially on normal tires, without a 3L, a heavily modded 2.5L, or forced induction.

Last edited:
It must have been the non supercharged version.

Kidding.

A lotta those guys must not know how to drive too well.
They're capable of low 14s, some have hit 14.0. So yeah I guess your civic would have pulled on a cobalt ss a bit. And a cobalt ss is about a second quicker in the 1/4 than a svt. And you won't get a second quicker, especially on normal tires, without a 3L, a heavily modded 2.5L, or forced induction.
x2 we have a redline ion and it smokes my csvt by half a sec in an 1/8th so if the civic can beat an ss then you will get beat bad! but I'd sell the ion if a stock civic beat it :troutslap:

no theres no way the civic will beat the ss supercharged. ive driven the ss sc and its quick very quick. agian the driver error comes in so really you can beat anything if the driver sucks

Have you ever driven the 06 Si? 197 hp from the factory and the Cobalt SS has 205, both at the crank. My 06 Si put down 180 to the wheels bone stock, not sure about the SS to the wheels. Trying to search for it now.

Just trying to say, the Cobalt SS isn't as powerful as one may thing.

Have you not heard that almost all of the cobalt ss and ion redlines dyno stock at 205 and sometimes more? they are highly underrated. Look at my signature we have one and I know a few people on here have seen me my wife and it and I'll tell you it will walk the dog on a not heavily modded svt. Again if that car got beat by any Si stock I'd sell it lol

Ok I was off on the HP a little but I have heard those numbers befor but here are quotes from the review by sport compact car http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/roadtests/0405scc_2004_saturn_ion_red_line/
That supercharged engine is a 2.0-liter version of the Ecotec four-cylinder, which is now powering all of GM's small cars in normally aspirated 2.2-liter form. The Performance Division destroked the engine, lowered its compression ratio from 10:1 to 9.5:1, bolted on a Roots-type supercharger (making 12.5 pounds of boost), stuffed in a Laminova air-to-water intercooler, and underrated it at 200 hp and 149 lb-ft of torque. That's right, they underrated it. Our Dynojet revealed the truth, which is an impressive 197 hp at the wheels at 6450 rpm and 169 lb-ft at 5250 rpm.

Bottom line, the ION Red Line is not our favorite, but it's not the worst, either. We'd rather drive it any day over a Honda Civic Si.

Back