• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New system pics inside!!!!!!!!

Wait your prob like the guy I work with that tells me if it doesn't make it go fast then I don't need it and should take it out right?

Everyone has different tastes, it's just a fact of life. And for what it's worth Mx isn't that kind of person, he actually had one of the nicest cleanest install i've ever seen in a tour, sure he didn't compete for show (at least to my knowledge) but i'd say it would've been trophy worthy.

Should I take pics of all the trophies I have from this car and the old setup and then the 3 I got at the 1 show I have been to this year so far?

Trophies aren't all they're cracked up to be. Don't use that as a measure of anything other than the entry fees you paid. I probably have more trophies than you, and I haven't accepted trophies I won from local shows for the past couple of years. I gave them back to the event promotor.

Do what you do for the love of doing it, not for the trophies you have.

ok but did you not post in the other thread too? Should I take pics of all the trophies I have from this car and the old setup and then the 3 I got at the 1 show I have been to this year so far? Wait your prob like the guy I work with that tells me if it doesn't make it go fast then I don't need it and should take it out right?

you've recieved trophies for that install? i can only hope/assume that they were for sound quality and not for the install itself. :help:

If you don't like it don't look at it and if you can't say anything constructive don't touch the keyboard and just keep looking right past my posts ok. Your opinion was it looked pointless and stupid right? well explain it to me? how is it pointless and how is it stupid? I have twice the trunkspace as I had before and a system that is twice as loud at least. and for an install done in 4 days outside in the fn cold I thought it turned out pretty damn nice

If you don't like it don't look at it and if you can't say anything constructive don't touch the keyboard and just keep looking right past my posts ok. Your opinion was it looked pointless and stupid right? well explain it to me? how is it pointless and how is it stupid? I have twice the trunkspace as I had before and a system that is twice as loud at least. and for an install done in 4 days outside in the fn cold I thought it turned out pretty damn nice

When you post pics of your install, expect people to voice their opinions. If you can't handle negative remarks, you might want to reconsider posting pics in a public forum. For what it's worth, I like the equiptment but I have to agree that install is meh. If you were to put anything in your trunk, "small luggage,sports equiptment, etc." it's going to move around and probably damage your sub. It's your system and all that matters is that you like it but you would be nieve to think that everyone else has to agree with your preference.

Your opinion was it looked pointless and stupid right? well explain it to me? how is it pointless and how is it stupid?

you have a huge sub smack dab in the middle of your trunk, reaching nearly all the way to the trunklid. you can talk about having extra trunkspace, but if it's not usable, whats the point? there's lots of ways for extra spl without going to that extreme.

and for an install done in 4 days outside in the fn cold I thought it turned out pretty damn nice

well, i give you credit for working in the cold, but if that's four days worth of work, you must take your time.

You posted pics, your going to get opinions, good or bad... learn how to take them. As for the trunk space?? I can see you making a point of being able to pack more groceries around the sub of something. But if you have something bigger than a carry on bag its going to have to go in the back seat.
Its also nice that you put 2 TV's and a gaming system back there for your kidnapping victims. If I were to get wacked over the head with a pipe and thrown in a trunk I would hope to wake up in yours. At least then I would have some entertainment on the way to the docks.
But I will still give you credit for uniqueness, and if it sounds good then ultimately thats the most important factor in "Audio".

Its also nice that you put 2 TV's and a gaming system back there for your kidnapping victims. If I were to get wacked over the head with a pipe and thrown in a trunk I would hope to wake up in yours. At least then I would have some entertainment on the way to the docks.

lmfao! unless he's kidnapping contortionists, i don't think it's going to happen. :laugh:

See I can understand that everyone has their own opinion but it looks pointless and stupid? The pics don't show the shape of the box and everything else that's there. maybe you still don't like it oh well I have to look at it so whatever. It would look alot different if the sub wasn't inverted but to cancel out the displacement of the sub the cone would be right where the magnet sits now and you wouldn't see **** but a box. It is a massive sub that is meant to be seen and trust me can be heard, but it also has great sound quality characteristics but to each there own.

As far as the tv's go. I got a good deal on the screens and had nowhere else to put them. It's nice to have something to do when you wait on slow ass judges to get around to your car. Any suggestions on other TV locations?

As far as the tv's go. I got a good deal on the screens and had nowhere else to put them. It's nice to have something to do when you wait on slow ass judges to get around to your car. Any suggestions on other TV locations?

ummm... inside the car where people can see them? just throwing that out there. :shrug:

See I can understand that everyone has their own opinion but it looks pointless and stupid?

pointless... because you can get as much or more SPL out of a smaller design.

stupid because the friggin sub is smack dab in the middle of the trunk cavity.

evenkitties.jpg

pointless... because you can get as much or more SPL out of a smaller design.

stupid because the friggin sub is smack dab in the middle of the trunk cavity.
Ok I think your depth perception or something is off because the sub is far from the middle of the trunk. Opening maybe but not trunk itself. SOUND QUALITY CAR! Yes I stated that it is way louder than my old setup but never did I say it was built for SPL. Trying to do SPL comps. in a trunk car now days is a joke not to say it isn't possible but highly unlikely to get anywhere with a trunk car in SPL.

Back