• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Remembering a friend...

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
BLKOUT...the SE that got it all started died at this time, Sunday morning, one year ago...

I remember the day I found BLKOUT as clearly as ever. I had been searching for a car for about year....it was to be my first car and had to be just right. Manual trans, sleek styling, and of course, black paint. I remember a friend in high school had a black Contour SE, it was a V6 5-speed car, the way it looked, the way it sounded and my god the way it handled. I HAD to have one. Driving home late one evening, I spotted the unmistakable front end of a contour poking out in the front row of a lot I had driven by every day...could this be the car I had been waiting for? I circled around and pulled in the lot. With the night sky clear and the breeze cooling my now beat red skin....I peered into the window, heart racing, to my excitement the car was manual. The window sticker...2.5 V6. This was it! After days of waiting it was finally mine. For two years and 46,000 miles the car was my pride any joy, from stock to modified, from 16.0 to 15.1. I was in love. I lost that love on February 12, 2006, Just 10 days after my 21st birthday when i was t-boned driving home from breakfast. My heart sank and the tears flowed as I stripped the car piece by piece that following weekend of all I had done while we were together. Suspension, engine, interior, all were dismembered. I made a solemn promise that day to BLKOUT that the car would not be forgotten. BLKOUT made a promise back, witch I scribed on it’s windshield before leaving the remains to be taken away.

The last photo shoot BLKOUT would ever have in fall 05.
DSC01008.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00974.jpg

DSC00942.jpg

One last shining moment, as the car was named CEG’s calendar car for OCT. 2007
DSC00946.jpg

Gone...
IMG00025.jpg

accident2.jpg

But not forgotten.....BLKOUT’s promise to me.
reborn.jpg

The rebirth...using parts of BLKOUT, continuing where she left off, and living up to the name...BLKOUT2
BLKOUT2A.jpg

To the car that taught me so much.....THANK YOU! You are missed...:cry:

Last edited:
More like BLKOUT2 pwns BLKOUT. Nice pics!

I like the look of BLKOUT2 better. But I am sure BLKOUT wouldnt agree. That was the car he wanted origionally. Ask anybody who buys the car they have been looking for for a long time, Take my mom when she bought a new car for example.

She replaced her '98 Grand Prix GT with an '05 model. She loves her new car, but says she misses her old car fairly often. I am sure BLKOUT loves his new car, but misses his old car just the same.

That's not what this is about.....and for the record, BLKOUT2 wouldn't even exist if it weren't for BLKOUT....

Oh, and BTW....they were both faster than you....so i guess BLKOUT2 and BLKOUT > RawBurt

I only street raced BLKOUT IIRC, second gear owned me.

I was trying to compliment your rides BTW... apparently you missed that :rolleyes:

I only street raced BLKOUT IIRC, second gear owned me.

I was trying to compliment your rides BTW... apparently you missed that :rolleyes:

I didn't miss it.....thanks.

Got any slips from the track that are faster than the SE since all your additions??? :) It's been so long since i said anything i just had to.

Back