• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Orginizing a NorthWest meet! Come on and join in!

muskamike

CEG'er
Hey CEG members,

I have recently started an interest check in people who would come out to a meet if orginized. I have not heard of a meet so far in Vancouver, Kelowna or Seatle so though it best to orginize one for the future. I think I heard of one in Alberta though, but none the less, it'd be nice to get people from all area's out.

Now as of now it's just an interest check so put your name down if you are around the area! Also please indicate wether you think we should do this meet before/during the upcoming months or wait till spring/summer.

Thanks

Ok, so so far interest has been shown by:

Shotwell
jca1980
WestCoastajax - ? possibly
muskamike
Troy00690

I would be up for a meet anytime. I would need some time in advance. I have 2 evening jobs and a full time stay at home dad job.

I won't speak for Groovenerd/Marty, he might not want to drive ONLY a few hundred miles to go to a meet.

I'm interested in a meet up North, but I'm also pretty busy.

Meanwhile, here's a heads up: For crossing international borders, like that between BC and Washington State, won't we need PASSPORTS by early January? Start your application process (or saving up for it) now, for any crossed border meets next spring.

I would be in; I think having a weekend trip might be cool as well.

Meanwhile, here's a heads up: For crossing international borders, like that between BC and Washington State, won't we need PASSPORTS by early January? Start your application process (or saving up for it) now, for any crossed border meets next spring.

Not yet, Not until Jan 1, 2008 for land travel but you will need it by Jan 8, 2007 if going by air or sea.
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

you know now that I am back in Spokane.. have you guys considered runnin up here for a meet? or maybe making this a destination? I couldn't really say that this is a better place than anywhere else.. I was just wondering. maybe making a loop from seattle down to portland and up here and back to sea-town?

PDXSVT said:
I won't speak for Groovenerd/Marty, he might not want to drive ONLY a few hundred miles to go to a meet.

Hmm, yeah, this might be too close for a meet. :D

One year, I think we did (but I missed) a trip east on WA Hwy 12 to eastern WA, then south to the Columbia Gorge and back again. Maybe we could do something like that before the weather gets nasty. Meet at I-5 and Hwy 12 and head east. That's kinda splitting the difference for north and south, so neither has to drive as far.

Also, if people from up north didn't want to come down south and drive back up again, we could split up and go north/south in eastern WA with separate return trips. We could at least get some good driving in together on the way east, stop for food and general BSing out east somewhere, like maybe Spokane, or somewhere not too far from there.

Any takers? Other ideas? :ponder: Let's do somethin'! :cool:

Marty

Last edited:
That's actually Hwy 20 you're talking about Marty. With proper planning I'd certainly be up for that one. Maybe we could even get Lance out to play!

We could also meet in Everrett and drive over the pass to the Levenworth area. Went there last year that was a fun drive even in my Auto. There is a nice camp ground in the Wenatchee area as well.

I'd honestly meet up anywhere in the North West. Though I think now it is best to plan for Spring and do it up right. I would love for someone to help me do a uim/lim cleaning while the meet is on, haha.

Anyways, remember to add yourself to the list above!! Need to figure out numbers!

Shotwell
jca1980
muskamike
Troy00690
Guntaker

Im up for a meet too, most likely in the spring time preferably in the Vancouver area, but Im willing to drive places... Cheers

Shotwell
jca1980
muskamike
Troy00690
Guntaker
Tjbugs1

Spring in Vancouver sounds good.

New to Forums

New to Forums

I live in the Seattle Area and would LOVE to do a meet!! I could never pass up a chance to meet with other contour fans! Not alot of people I know appreciate the SVT!!

I'm up for a meet with some of you crazy Contour fellows.. I will have my trunk swap and hopefully my body kit/suspension by spring if thats the plan..

Shotwell
jca1980
muskamike
Troy00690
Guntaker
Tjbugs1
Trademark

A drive would be really fun, but I don't think it'd be as fun in my Scion. :( Don't get me wrong, I love the xB, but it's really not sporty nor spirited.

I'll plan on the Portland Auto Show in Jan, and I'll bring the Mrs. :)

Welcome to CEG! :) What year/color is your Contour? Any mods yet?

Marty
My SVT is 2000 Black with tan leather.... I have done some audio (all speakers and sub and amp, Kenwood deck, 10 disk changer and Sirius sat. radio.. I am a HUGE howard stern fan..) replaced the shift know (previous owner had a cheap LED ugly ass thing) ... Underglow was already installed.. I removed the pin stripes for a cleaner look. and gave her a few good wax jobs.

Back