• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pics of my new car.

tedBalog

CEG'er
MYDC0021.jpg

MYDC0014.jpg

MYDC0022.jpg

MYDC0012.jpg

MYDC0011.jpg

MYDC0007.jpg

MYDC0006.jpg

MYDC0008.jpg

It's a 2005 Ford Mustang Coupe w/ Premium Package, 10k miles. My new love.

Fair enough. How do you like it? Is it a stick or auto?

I love it, I would have perferred manual but I couldn't pass up the deal. I'll end up getting the diablosport for it to speed up shifting though. I bought it for $4,500 under KBB value, was hard to pass up.

In '05 they changed the V6 to the 4.0L that is in the explorers, so it's no longer the ****ty 3.8L. I would not have bought it if it had a 3.8. The car runs really good in my opinion, rides very comfortable. Only downside to it is the slow downshift, typical of ford autos. Hopefully the programmer will fix that :)

I also plan on getting the ducktail spoiler for it, like the Shelby has.

nice pick up,I actually just saw one about a week ago dynoed it was a stock V6 manual,It dynoed somewhere in the neighbor hood of 140hp/156tq.You should def get the ducktail and somenice rims with big fat rubber underneath.

Why? Its a V6.. if he is going to put money into it he might as well have bought the damn V8...

You can still make the V6's A) fast or B)Look pretty mean .....just because its not the V8 doesn't mean he can't mod it.......Thats like telling all the zetec and regular duratec owners "why put money into it its not a SVT"

You can still make the V6's A) fast or B)Look pretty mean .....just because its not the V8 doesn't mean he can't mod it.......Thats like telling all the zetec and regular duratec owners "why put money into it its not a SVT"

I don't think anyone tells regular duratec owners that. Maybe ATX duratecs. But I'm sure we've all asked ourselves at one point, "Why put money into it, its a Contour?"

I think that is one of few V6 models I've seen that I really like. I don't blame you for taking that route if you're not looking for/needing what the V8 offers. Some big 5 spokes would make that thing :drool: IMO.

Yea good point on the ATX duratecs..lol;)But as for the money comment I think everybody that mods there cars,no matter what kind it is, thinks to themselves,"at what point do I stop putting money into it."

im not gonna lie i belive in not putting money into a contour unless its an svt, i would never buy a v6 mustang (both of mine are v8) but thats just me and im able to do that and not all people are. the gas money sucks but it actually helps me manage my driving because its so much.

it looks like a nice car and I'm glad your happy with it but personally that isn't a real mustang ... a real mustang has a V8 and a 5spd ... but I have to laugh alittle ... my mother drives a mustang GT with a 5spd :laugh:

Back