• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oil Seperator

I anyone using this?

http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_oil_separator.php

I know that Pole is testing one, not sure what it consists of, and I wont pry, but Steeda's price seems a little steep. I would think that this Mod would be an interest to us because of all that work we do cleaning our UIM/LIM's. What are your thought is says for any car.

My units are doing great and the final price will be about $20 less than that. The whole reason for me developing a kit for us is that their price is ridiculous for what you get.

hah, yeah... even if they bought the a/c filter retail, they bumped the price up 3x! I got mine from Home Depot for about $15.

Put me on that list too.

The cleaning of my intake manifolds included using a putty knife to spoon the thick crud out. Yeah, I really want all that stuff to build back up like that again.

I've seen a few guys make their own from Home Depot supplies.

I sure did. $11.97 Husky Air Compressor Filter.
IMG_0255.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. I have one just like that in my 81 Mustang.

I used one of these in my 98:
http://www.mityvac.com/hq_images/MVA6909.jpg
Its a sealed resevior from a Mityvac brake bleeding unit. Works good & has a bit more capacity than the air compressor units but the inlet/outlet diameter are rather small.

My 00 will get the air-compressor style soon. Cleaning the UIM/LIM in these cars is a PITA.

Nice setup. I really like the blue hoses. Where exactly is the inlet hose coming from and what is the outlet hose going to?

Nice setup. I really like the blue hoses. Where exactly is the inlet hose coming from and what is the outlet hose going to?

i would like to know this aswell and how easy or hard of a install are these? i would assume only 2 hoses and a couple clamps. what what do they clamp on to?

Between the PCV valve and teh tube below the throttle body. Mike, I can show you Saturday. :laugh: I've got one of Josh's (Pole120) on my car.

I'm working on a bracket right now to mount them so they should be available soon.

Thanks for testing! :)

I don't know for sure, as I just used what Josh sent since I was testing it for PRT.:laugh: I would PM him to be sure, in fact he may have them for sale already.

I forgot to mention that there is an arrow stamped on the black plastic that shows the direction of airflow. The hose on the arrow side needs to be connected to the brass pipe underneath the intake manifold. :)

Back